• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Consumer BSSV exception when calling published BSSV

BOster

Legendary Poster
I am trying to call a published BSSV running on our BSSV server from my JDeveloper integrated Weblogic server running on my development client from a consumer BSSV.

I can run unit tests that call the consumer BSSV (which in turn calls the published BSSV) just fine in JDeveloper as a simple Java process, but when it is deployed to the integrated Weblogic server and I try and run it from there (when called from a BSFN) I get the following exception:

Code:
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: weblogic.wsee.ws.init.WsDeploymentException: weblogic.wsee.security.configuration.WssConfigurationException: Certificate Alias not supplied
This is on our TR9.1.5.1 instance. Weblogic 12.1.2.

Any ideas?

Update. I changed to the DemoIdentity Keystore (I guess at some point I had changed this). Now I am getting this error.
Code:
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: Hostname verification failed: HostnameVerifier=weblogic.security.utils.SSLWLSHostnameVerifier, hostname=jdedvjas01.
I have set the Hostname verification to NONE in the Weblogic Admin console for the integrated server under the SSL advanced tab (as instructed by Google) but I am still getting the error.

Last edited:

BOster

Legendary Poster
I tried that as well and I'm still getting the same error. It's like there is some other setting that is overriding what is set in the Weblogic Admin Console. I restart the server after each change to keystore/ssl config. I even redeployed the BSSV (the consumer one running locally). I also tried fully qualifying the hostname in the Endpoint URL. Same error every time.

BOster

Legendary Poster
So apparently this is a known issue on Weblogic 12.1.2 which is fixed in WL 12.1.3, but 12.1.3 is not supported by TR 9.1.5 so.... yeah. Maybe I can find patch for 12.1.2????

Doc ID 1630044.1

Update:
There is a link to a Weblogic 12.1.2 patch in the doc listed above. I applied the patch and it fixed my issue. Specifically host name verification settings set in the WL admin console are actually used now.

Last edited: