E9.2 Considering switching career from JDE

Did I miss out on some announcement? Why are we talking like JDE is a dead end?

Oracle has been investing in EnterpriseOne for years. Continues to sell it and sales have been growing. What are you guys talking about?

Years old discussion. But I get the sentiment, especially when I was working on a legacy version with no end in sight. Probably due to a few missteps on Oracle's part in the years after acquiring.

I think there's no reasonable end in sight for current JDE or the job market. It has been great going to conference the past couple of years and seeing young(er) people getting involved in the ecosystem. I see no red- or yellow flags for my future in JDE tech.

I'm interested to hear if anyone here has used nextworld! What's the health and future prospects of that platform?
Is that the platform started by Ed McVaney and his daughter? If so, the company has received positive press in Colorado.

Is that the platform started by Ed McVaney and his daughter? If so, the company has received positive press in Colorado.
Yeah. The PR materials make it look interesting, I wish someone who has made the move to that from JDE would show up and let us know what they think from a hands on perspective

Did I miss out on some announcement? Why are we talking like JDE is a dead end?

Oracle has been investing in EnterpriseOne for years. Continues to sell it and sales have been growing. What are you guys talking about?
In the region where I reside, the software vendor it self suggesting to move to either EBS or Oracle Fusion :LOL:

Try investing a bit of time on Softone ERP
This is the first time I hear about this ERP. I have checked https://www.soft1.eu/, but even this web is not loading.
There are many many ERPs available, but the concern is the client base of those ERPs. As we already know Oracle and SAP are outstanding in the ERP sector. Now Microsoft, Epicor, Odoo is also on the way to find their market.

Personnaly (I am applicative JDE consultant since 1999, old 59, Europe) my strategy for years is to get additionnal skills ( by exemple BI, ETL, SQL/Python business modeling) by enlarging my implications when I am working on customer site. It appears that some of these skills can then be used and sold in non-JDE context, espcially in the current times where IT resources are globally short . Migration project should also be good opportunities for that.

Back