E9.2 Connections Object - Multiple Environments

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I am somewhat new to Orchestrator so forgive me if this is 101 stuff. I couldn't find it documented any where although I am sure it is. If so you can point me to it.

When I create a Connection Object (in this case for a REST web service), under the covers it creates a soft coding record. One of the properties of this Connection object is a JDE environment specification (JDV920, JTS920, JPD920). I then use this Connection Object in a Connector Object. When I move my orchestration to other environments what is the proper process. Do I simply copy the soft coding record using P954000 and change the credentials, endpoint, etc. (in this case I do have different end points and credentials for different environments)? Basically the same process I would use for BSSVs. Will the Connector object automatically bind or read the soft coding record (Connection) for a given environment w/o having to do anything to the Connector Object?

Hi, I do have a similar issue related to the Connections. I have created a connection (REST) using User/Role : *PUBLIC and its letting me to select from Connector. But when I tested this Connector I got a below error :

"statusCode": 401,
"error": "ExternalRestService:callGeneric: External Call Failed External Generic Call Failed See Log For Details: 401 "

Logs I got for this: ExternalRestService - generic httpRequest() Failure - HTTP Request java.lang.Exception: External Generic Call Failed See Log For Details: 401

I did created another connection using User/Role : 'same as JDE login User' and tested it by calling from Connector and it is working great.
I might be missing some security setup for User/Role: *PUBLIC. Can some one please help me to figure it out. I truly appreciate your help regarding this.

What Statuscode 401?
The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 401 Unauthorized response status code indicates that the client request has not been completed because it lacks valid authentication credentials for the requested resource

I found some documents from oracle :
When you create a connection soft coding record, you associate it with an EnterpriseOne user, role, or *PUBLIC. This enables the Orchestrator Studio user who is creating a connector service request to see a list of orchestrations, a REST service, or a database that is available through the connection. The user must be authorized to run the originating orchestration, which is the orchestration on the local system that will call the external orchestration, REST service, or database.

I am somewhat new to Orchestrator so forgive me if this is 101 stuff. I couldn't find it documented any where although I am sure it is. If so you can point me to it.

When I create a Connection Object (in this case for a REST web service), under the covers it creates a soft coding record. One of the properties of this Connection object is a JDE environment specification (JDV920, JTS920, JPD920). I then use this Connection Object in a Connector Object. When I move my orchestration to other environments what is the proper process. Do I simply copy the soft coding record using P954000 and change the credentials, endpoint, etc. (in this case I do have different end points and credentials for different environments)? Basically the same process I would use for BSSVs. Will the Connector object automatically bind or read the soft coding record (Connection) for a given environment w/o having to do anything to the Connector Object?
Hello, did you get answer to your question? I too have similar question. I happened to update the URL and key in PROD but still it din't work for me. DO we need to get cache clear done?

No sure of your specific case, but yes, I simply created soft coding records for the different environments and changed the params like endpoint, credentials, etc. If you changed the value directly in PD after the record was used and the changes don't appear to be taking affect it is entirely possible you may need to clear cache. It would certainly be one of the first things to try.

Hi Brian

If you used F954001, can I see the values you've entered please? (obviously change your actual server names etc :))
the value in WSTPVAL is apparently meant to be replaced at runtime with actual values as it replaces the $e values

I'll need to use this in 9.2, but I've never seen it in use

Back