Conditional debug breakpoint ?

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
Hi All,
I am aware of how to add breakpoints when I debug a program. But I could have sworn there was a conditional breakpoint available and am at a loss to find it. Can someone help me out please.
Regards,
Dave

Dave,

I remember that WORLD had this, but can't think of if/where it is in Oneworld. My workaround has been to throw in cEV01_Debug. I have this IF TESTED throughout the code being debugged, turning it on/off as needed.

Yes, it's an ugly workaround, but it gets the trick done.....

Gene

Hi Gene,
You're right; kinda ugly but it does look like something I will be using in the future.
Thanks,
Dave
PS: I am almost positive I saw a conditional breakpoint in one of the tools classes I took before XE was born.

this coditional break point is the condition based upon
a Table IO or Report IO is so below:
use FILE_IO Status in debug in System Value Folder
error appear or success

Hi Welford,
I think you are telling me I can check for a successful file I/O and I do know how to do that.
What I really need, for example, is the ability to bypass all of the times that a successful I/O occurs and only stop at a debug point if there is an unsuccessful I/O.
Regards,
Dave

Conditional breakpoints a a feature of VIsual Studio. Not much use if you are debugging ER, but pretty useful if you are debugging a 'C' bsfn.

I have used them whan a bsfn is called many times eg when a UBE fails after 999 rows processed.
They are accessed of the Edit->Breakpoints menu option.

Regards

Mike

Back