• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Conditional debug breakpoint ?

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
Hi All,
I am aware of how to add breakpoints when I debug a program. But I could have sworn there was a conditional breakpoint available and am at a loss to find it. Can someone help me out please.
Regards,
Dave

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Dave,

I remember that WORLD had this, but can't think of if/where it is in Oneworld. My workaround has been to throw in cEV01_Debug. I have this IF TESTED throughout the code being debugged, turning it on/off as needed.

Yes, it's an ugly workaround, but it gets the trick done.....

Gene

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
Hi Gene,
You're right; kinda ugly but it does look like something I will be using in the future.
Thanks,
Dave
PS: I am almost positive I saw a conditional breakpoint in one of the tools classes I took before XE was born.

DamCPU

this coditional break point is the condition based upon
a Table IO or Report IO is so below:
use FILE_IO Status in debug in System Value Folder
error appear or success

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
Hi Welford,
I think you are telling me I can check for a successful file I/O and I do know how to do that.
What I really need, for example, is the ability to bypass all of the times that a successful I/O occurs and only stop at a debug point if there is an unsuccessful I/O.
Regards,
Dave

maguirem

Conditional breakpoints a a feature of VIsual Studio. Not much use if you are debugging ER, but pretty useful if you are debugging a 'C' bsfn.

I have used them whan a bsfn is called many times eg when a UBE fails after 999 rows processed.
They are accessed of the Edit->Breakpoints menu option.

Regards

Mike