• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Compiler Errors

ProjectRoom

Well Known Member
I remember a post about header/include files that were causing problems and I can't find it or remember what to do:

if jde.h is included last
*** ERRORS ***
d:\b7\system\include\jdeuprto.h(112) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'MMGetAppIUnknown'
d:\b7\system\include\jdeuprto.h(112) : error C2501: 'LPUNKNOWN' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\b7\system\include\jdeuprto.h(112) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

if jde.h is included first
*** ERRORS ***
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\jdeDebugReader\jdeDebugReader.cpp(52) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hEnv'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\jdeDebugReader\jdeDebugReader.cpp(52) : error C2501: 'HENV' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\jdeDebugReader\jdeDebugReader.cpp(52) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

I have included the jde.h, the librarys and paths in my project settings as normal. I have previous programs including an address book editor using jde api. Although I can't find out the problem in this case. Anyone with any ideas?

Cheers

PR

[ B7.3.3.2 ][ SP 11.3 ][ NT 4.0 ][ AS/400 co-existance ]

ProjectRoom

Well Known Member
Ok Solved. Forget this post please. I previously used the function of creating a win32 application with basic setup, this created pre-compiled headers that it has to use for compiling. These headers clashed with the jde.h. I simple re-created the project using win32 Application - empty/blank project. Then used the source. No mroe compiler problems....grrr i don't like VC++ I prefer Borland C++ Builder.

Cheers

PR

[ B7.3.3.2 ][ SP 11.3 ][ NT 4.0 ][ AS/400 co-existance ]