Compile error on AS400

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,
I am building a full package and I get a few compile errors on the AS400, for example N4200790 or N4900140. I opened the FAILED file in the package´s library and found the source code to the NER, but no actual error was acused. I found one entry like below in the JDE_12345.log for each failed NER. All other NERs and BSFNs compile ok. They only fail on the AS400 side, client is ok.
Can anybody help me on this ?

Thanks, Gerd

************Beginning of data**************
334 Tue Apr 4 14:37:47.250680 builddll.c3980
WARNING ONLY(will not affect the building of the package): BSFNAUT not found, AUTHORITY was not set

334 Tue Apr 4 14:38:47.443400 builddll.c343
CZM0613 Compile Failed

************End of Data********************

First thing I'd check are the ".STS" files in IFS on the 400. There should be one for each business function that was built. This file will tell you the number that compiled and the the number that did not. If you see everything compiled, believe it or not, Oracle will probably tell you the package is OK, as I've seen this before and that's what they told me.

As far as the actual errors, you'll need to investigate and fix those.

Thanks Jim,

I did that first and that´s where I found the errors. I the tried to find out the reason for the compile fail and I am still trying.
It happens in both DV9 and PY9, same NERs that fail.
Gerd

One thing I just saw (in another lib) is that all modules not compiled would have a size of over 1Mbyte.
Question: is there any restriction on AS400 machines that could not allow me to compile modules larger then a certain size?

Thanks, Gerd

We have this same issue now on our DEV AS/400. The objects still build correctly on our PROD AS/400. The two objects we had failed were N4900140 and N4900780. The error messages we got were only warnings in the N4900780. The failed logs on the AS/400 for the N4900140 showed no errors/warnings what so ever. We are stumped to by this issue that occurs on only 1 of our servers. The objects are original and not modified either. The messages we got in the N4900780 were:

*=WARNING=========> CZM0229 File is empty.
*=WARNING=========> CZM0342 "/*" detected in comment.

The only thing we can tell is that maybe some recent PTFs applied may have causes the issues. We are on V5R3. By chance did you apply PTFs recently to your AS/400 also?

Jason
Xe/SP23_H1/V5R3

Yo estaba con el mismo problema. Lo solucione cambiando el INI del Enterprise en la seccion BSFNBUILD --> OptimizationFlags=(10)

I was with the same problem. He solves changing it the INI of the Enterprise in section BSFNBUILD -- OptimizationFlags=(10)

Sdos, Leonel.
---------------------
Xe/SP23_M1/V5R3M0

Otra Solución que encontre chequeando el APAR II13878 (en algun Thread del post lo menciona buscando por V5R3)
es la instalación de la PTF MF39010. Ojo en este pto ya que la misma es para V5R3M0, y es una PTF de microcodigo. Como nosotros tenemos V5R3M5, instalamos una PTF equivalente MF39011.
Espero que esto los ayude a solucionar el problema.

Sdos,
Leonel Magallanes

Xe/SP23_M1/V5R3M5

Back