Commas

Angie

One World Xe, Mfg, Dist, Finance, for some of the fields in various programs the amounts are displayed without commas.

For ex. 1,000,000.00 displays as 1000000.00

Is there a way to turn commas on for specific data items?

Thanks,
Angie

Hi Angie,
i think that this is in the data dictionary under the display rule. maybe go to an element first that displays commas see what the display rule is. in my version of one world there is no look up for rules that are available.
dave

NT 4.0 SP5, SQL 7.0, One World B7321 SP12.4, Citrix 1.8 (XE soon)

Hi Angie,
First you have to guess what data item is the base of your control.
The easiest way to do it making the following setting in your jde.ini:
[EVEREST]
ShowAlias=1
When you start your OW session with this setting and you select a control on a Form (when you run it) and right-click on the control then you will see the Alias of the data item in the middle of the popped up window. Of course, you can use FDA also to accomplish this task.

Generally (in the very most of the cases) the "Display Rule" of the data item determines how will a data item appear on a Form or Report.
First see this attribute of your Data Item in the Data Dictionary.
In more or less cases you will not find "Display Rule" in the Data Dictionary or will find different setting then your Control displays the value. In these cases the Display Rule is overriden for this Control on the specific Form. To check it, you have to open the application with FDA end revise the Override tab of the Properties window of the control.

The terms for display rules generally based on "Edit Code" or system literals (e.g. *RAB,*RABN). These terms are comming from the world of AS400. If you haven't found enough explanation about these possible selections then check your Appendicies of the "Enterprise Report Writer" OW documentation (Dave, are you There?).

You have greatly consider that you change the Display Rule in the Data Dictionary or override it on specific Forms. I do not want to describe here the pros, cons advantages, dis-advantages and side-effects of the two method (it has been already discussed on the List/Forum), I just suggest, choose the second way to be on the safe side, of course, only if it meets your needs.
Hope, could help a bit.
Zoltán
P.S.: decimal separator and grouping characters (dot or comma) based on the User Profile settings of the current OW user, defaulted from the Regional Settings of the operating system for the current OpSys user.

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

zoltan,
thanks for the much better & complete answer ! learn something new every day, right !
dave

NT 4.0 SP5, SQL 7.0, One World B7321 SP12.4, Citrix 1.8 (XE soon)

Back