coming back to JDE CNC after 4-5 years need HELP!!

maserati73

hi ,
i used to work on 7331 version and left it 4 years ago to open a deli. that didnt work out so I am back in the market and needed some help on basic info on cnc, like package build, creating an environment , and things like that. i dont have any login to knowledge garden nor can i find any decent book to buy. if you can send me any documentation or user manual you might have would definately help me out to get back in JD edwards job market. currently out of work neeed help desperately!!
Thank you in advance
maserati73

Hi,
There have been lot of changes in JDE in past 4 years.
U would be aware that JDE is now under ORACLE. The latest Release of JDE is 8.12, Knowledge garden is no more. Now u have www.peoplesoft.com , but u would be needing the username and pswd.

Please ask for specific help. What types of guides u r looking for. I think Eguide of XE will be good for u to refresh.

You are very correct and i have been trying to go through some websites paticularly JDELIST. I needed inof or refresher on how to package build, Security workbench, creating new environments , pretty much your regular CNC system admin role functionality.
I know there it is a lot to info to post on this web site but if you attach or email documents ([email protected]) would be just amazing for me. . please assist meas i need to get back in the JDE groove:)
you dont know how much i would appericiate it as i am currently out of a job.
Thank you again.

Maserati73, I am still on B7333. I can recommend the following books based on OneWorld Xe but I cannot speak about CNC in ERP8.0 and above. For Xe, these books are great:

1) J.D.Edwards OneWorld The Complete Reference. Written By: Miller, Jacot, Stern.
2) J.D.Edwards OneWorld A Developer's Guide. Written By: Hester, Enyeart
3) J.D.Edwards OneWorld Xe Object Management Workbench. Written By: Allen Jacot, Kimberly Jacot.

Good Luck.

thanks ryan for your suggestion,
i have ordered one of the books but do any of you guys have any white paper or documentation that you might have for your self or users in your company that you can email to me?
Thanks again
Anas

I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking for the functional training manuals for all components on CD. I trashed my original One World CD many years ago, because it was old, and I thought I could just get a newer version. Unfortunately, with Oracle's purchase of JDE, I can no longer just call the Denver training department, and have them send a new one. Can anyone help here? Oracle is just not as user friendly as the ole JD Edwards company.

Back