Column Headings in RDA

janemcs123

janemcs123

Hi List,

I am trying to do something quite simple, but I can't think how to do it. I have a columnar report with three columns in it. All I am trying to do is dynamically set the column headings in the event rules. Simple, I know just use standard assignment, but that only lets me set one column heading. How can I set both? What I want to get is:

My Text 1
My Text 2
--------------

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Jane.

OW XE SP16.1
Unix, Oracle 8.1.6

Hi Jane,

Try the following:

1.) Go to the Event Rule Editor
2.) Create an assinment statement, selecting your RC Column Heading as left value.
3.) Go to the Expression Editor to create the right value (the f(x) button beside the right value field).
4.) Enter the following in the expression window:
============================
concat(concat("My Text 1","
"),"My Text 2")
NOTE: After you opened the quotation mark for the second parameter of the inner concat function, you have to press simply the Enter key.
5.) Save: the statement > the event rule of the event > the UBE.

If your version containes overrides then test the result with a new version (Add instead of Copy!!!).

Of course, your headings will be appear correctly only when their length fit into the length of the column.

Please, let us know that does it work for you or not. Thanks.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltán,

I was so excited by your suggestion I tried it straight away. It works beautifully!

Thanks very much for a top tip in my opinion.

Cheers,
Jane.

Jane,

Thank you for your update.
I am really glad that I could help you.
Here is a simplified solution. Enter simply the following in the Expression Manager window:
"My Text 1
My Text 2"
You can omit the concat function, enter simply the column headings between quotation marks and break it into two line with hitting enter.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back