Column Exit - automatically

Boomer

Anybody know of way to force (fire) the col exit when using a scan gun to record a value from a barcode? I can't seem to make this happen in the ER. I'm thinking it must be hardware driven, but would be nice if it had similar features like found in DDS. I don't want to have the operator to be required to do an "actual column exit" which is an additional step for them and slows down the process. Also, I'm not real sure I want to fire this everytime the scan gun is used if it is hardware driven. We are on E811 TS 8.97 SP2. Hum, I'm about to talk myself out of this because it doesn't make sense if someone manually keyed this in on how the app would know that you've finished entering data in the field. So my guess is that the gun does indeed send or can send the field exit to the program. OK thanks for being the DUMMY's sounding board....

the way we did it:
1. place a button named "Enter" outside the visible area of the form in which you can put your validation logic;
2. set tab sequence: a. entry field, b. "Enter" button;
3. scanner-device: program it to execute a "tab+enter" after each scan.

terry's question reminded me that i should have added the following: in the case i described, we made mini EOne apps to run on the scan gun on windows mobile.

Back