Column>Create>Row Description column

Dawn Walczak

Hello,
I am having trouble with a description column in a custom tabular report. I am overwriting 2 of the row names. To do that I am using BF X0005 Get UDC. The column is automatically populated with the row descriptions but 2 have legally changed. I have the names populating but it cuts off the end. The character length is 30 and I only need 25. I have tried the rpad and I still cannot get it to finish the name. The column width is ok too.
confused.gif

Dawn,

You will need to provide more information.

It is a good idea to always provide you system configuration (as an example see mine in my signature).

Put in as much detail about the issue/problem as you can, it is better to have too much than not enough - up to a point. Include examples, screen prints, logs and code/event rules where applicable. Note: be careful not to include sensitive information such as passwords.

I am assuming that you have searched JDEList (and maybe other resources) and not found what you need. Include a summary results of your research and why it was not what was needed.

With regard to the issue this thread is addressing: is the UBE a standard JDE UBE that is being/has been modified or copied (cloned) and modified or a custom UBE? A copy of the event rules involved, including any parameters, and the section and event to which they belong would help too. A sample of the PDF produced, edited to remove sensitive information, that shows the column heading being produced and an example of what is needed.

I will remember that in the future. I am able to retrieve that new description. I am just debugging the field size as it cuts it off.
laugh.gif

Dawn,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I am not that familiar with tabular report sections. I almost exclusively use group sections as they provide a lot more flexibility, but are more work.

It would probably be best to export the Event Rules (ER) of the report and attach it to a post to this thread. That way we can see exactly what ER says. It would be a good idea to attach a debug log too. Remember that you can only attach one file to a post so you could zip both the ER and the debug log into one file and attach it, or use two posts. If you need help with extracting the ER for the entrie report of attaching it to a post, please ask. Before you attach any file to a post please ensure that it does not contain any sensitive information - for example passwords.

For the sake of ease of understanding (and consistancy) it would be good to post to one thread only and use one subject. As I originally replied to this thread and have not replied to any of the other threads you have started on this issue, I will reply this thread only.

So that all the posts are accessable from one thread, here are links to the other threads (on this issue there are a total of 6 threads - links to the other 5 are below - on 3 forums with 8 subjects):

Thread 181515 (Forum: JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne); Subjects: assign a variable to a Tabular Cell, mapping a variable to a Tabular Cell, assigning a variable to a Tabular Cell

Thread 181519 (Forum: JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne Developers); Subject: assigning variables

Thread 181471 (Forum: JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne); Subject: Row Description Column

Thread 181016 (Forum: JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne Developers); Subject: Overwrite description column in tabular report

Thread 180999 (Forum: JD Edwards World); Subject: row description column

Back