Collaborate 2013 presentations...

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
I've noticed that this year, many "regular" presenters aren't listed in the 2013 Collaborate presentation list. I've also heard of Customer presentations being rejected. Is Quest being restricted by the other two member organizations - or have they only accepted "premier" partners. I think that if they're not allowing independents to present anymore, that this is really a stab in the back for all of those independents that supported Quest back when Peoplesoft "barred" the partners from attending, ensuring the organizations survival. Just seeing if any others have had similar experiences with this years collaborate...

I am not sure where you received your information, or whether you are referring to the World or EOne presentations, but I can assure you that, at least as it relates to the World selections, nothing that you allege has any basis in fact.

We accepted ALL customer submissions and most/if not all vendor submissions which contained a customer. Feedback over the years has confirmed that pure vendor presentation are the LEAST popular. Since we have a finite amount of presentation time, priority is given to any presentation that contains a customer.

If you have a grievance with the selection committee, I am sure that Quest would give you the opportunity to air it. I wonder, have you have bothered to inquire with Quest directly?

It is important to reiterate that there has been no systematic exclusion of vendors. Every vendor-only presenter was contacted by the committee and advised that they would increase their chances of selection by including a customer.

Our first allegiance is to our fellow customers, to provide the kind of sessions that they are requesting. If you feel you were unjustly excluded, I would be happy to review your submission and respond in detail.

Dave Hyzy
Benderson Development
member, Collaborate 2013 JDE World Selection Committee

Back