Coexistence on OS/400 V6R1?

Michael L.

Well Known Member
Morning list,

We are currently running coexistence. I have a new Deployment Server and a new IBM i (OS/400 V6R1) that has been correctly sized for an XE to 9.0 upgrade which we don’t plan on doing anytime soon.
I need to install coexistence (I’ve done this many times many years ago) on this new hardware and run coexistence in parallel for a couple of months at which point we’ll phase out our original coexistence configuration.
Is anyone aware of any technical and/or licensing issues with running two separate installations of coexistence?

Is anybody running coexistence on OS/400 V6R1 and if so could you share any issues you experienced while installing to same?

Thanks in advance,

Michael
OS/400 V5R4 - World A7.3, OneWorld XE SP23_Z1 for coexistence (MTR has us going to SP24)

I have it running but as for installing it????????

Are you seriouis? Why would anyone on the planet want to "upgrade" to 10 year old software?

If you're going to do the effort why not get full value for your money and go to something current?

Yep I know the "big bang" fear but I've done this for up to 2000 user install base (500+ concurrent).

Colin

Hi Colin, thanks for responding and I couldn’t agree with you more. I have discussed repeatedly ending coexistence and upgrading to 9.0. I recently ended coexistence and upgraded XE to 9.0 for a another client of mine and would much prefer doing this than reinstalling XE for coexistence. The issue isn’t ‘big bang’ but timing, budget, resources and a lot of custom World code to support core business functions that they have not determined how they will achieve same in 9.0. It’s good to know you have coexistence running on V6R1 without issue. Thanks for letting me know.

Michael

What 'really' keeps you guys coexistent?

If you are looking at migrating one company at a time - it can be done (and there are tools to help you do this). Sales Pitch - the iConsortium has a tool that works!...

After ten years - what is the Green side got that's keeping you on the Terminal?

(db)

Back