Clustering

wloban

Well Known Member
Hi List -

Has anyone setup OneWorld using Microsoft clustering for both the enterprise server and data server?

When defining the Installation plan do you specify the cluster name instead of the server names.

I have been looking on the Knowledge Garden and JD Edwards does not have any quality documents on setting up clusters.

Thanks,

Bill

OneWorld B733.2 SP 11.3
Win NT 4/SQL Server 7
Citrix

OneWorld Xe Update 3 SP17
Windows 2000/SQL 2000
JAS
Citrix

Bill,

When you setup clustering in OneWorld, you never reference the node names. You reference the clustername for the most part, but will also be referencing the sql virtual server name in areas where data retrieval will be used.

For instance...
Enterprise servername = Clustername
Security Servername= Clustername
Logical Datasources = Clustername

Database datasources = SQL Virtual servername
DB Datasources in JDE.ini files = SQL Virtual servername

MS Clustering in OneWorld is briefly convered in either the Sys Admin or Server & Workstation Admin manuals.

Good Luck!

KmxJDE

I have performed this install. The process is outlined in detail in the Server and Workstation Admin guide. I suggest you download the latest version from the Knowledge Garden and go from there. Yes, you will use the cluster name for the most part.

I hope this helps,
Matthew

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

Hi, you need to reference cluster name at jde.ini

<cluster name>\<sqlserver instance name>

Good recommendation is to use model active/active
and use both cluster at same time, instead of active/passive model

Hope this helps

Sergio Vargas
Windows 2000 / SQL2000 / B7333 Xe / SP15.1

Back