Clustered SAN Solution??

CitrixDude

Any out there in JDE land running E1 in a Microsoft Cluster with a SAN as a back end? If so curious to know how satisified you are with the solution...failover, speed ect...

Thanks inadvance.

Dave

E1 XE SP22 Update 6, Citrix XP, Windows 2000, SQL 2000

Dave,

We are on our second generation of clustered E1 on a SAN for North America. Our current configuration:

Clustered 8 way Enterprise servers.
20 GB ram
2.8 Ghz xeon processers, hyperthreading enabled
Windows Server 2003, SQL 2000
Redundantant clustered SANS. Five TB of Disk space

The cluster nodes and SANS are one mile apart in seperate data centers. The SANS are clustered and replicating in real time. We run SQL in active/active mode. Production JDE databases, JDE services, and COGNOS databases run on Node A. Development and testing databases run on Node B.

Our current configuration gives us high availibility and disaster recovery. We have 16 terminal servers and logic/batch servers, split between the two data centers.

We have a similar configuration, although less hardware, set up for Asia. Our Asian users connect over multiple WAN links to our datacenters here in the US. There is a strong possibility that we will be pulling our Western European and South American JDE users into our data center within a year or two. So in answer to your question, clustering over a SAN works well.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Dave,
We are running with a clustered solution with a san. Two 6 way 700mhz boxes with 6 GB of RAM. We are running Active/Passive. We are currently looking at upgrading/replacing our SAN as we are experiencing some latency issues. We have had failover occur a couple of time in the last few years and it was seemless to our users.

Tom

Dave,
We are currently running about 25 concurrent users. We have a HP san that is 3+ years old.

I'm planning to put my database on the SAN. How would you recommend, I should accomplish this ? Do you have any issues with backend being on the SAN ? Any help is appreciated.

Thanx

Back