Client / Server BSFN

AlanParsons

Hi List,

SOS!
I used the Business Function B9600471 (Find First File Matching WildCard) but it failed to run on the Server. I checked and found out that
the BSFN works only on CLient (Client Only). I copied the BSFN and made it 2 (Client / Server) and picked up only those chunks of code which
were of use for me i.e. sub functions (1. Find First File Matching Wildcard, 2, Find Next File Matching Wildcard and 3.SplitFileIntoNameAndExtension), did a Package Build/ Deploy.
Still no luck!
frown.gif
. Am i missing out something on making the BSFN to work on SERVER? Please suggest

Using 8.11 (8.97)

Thanks!!!

The first thing that comes to mind is, "is it running on a windows server or AS400 server?" That code will not run on an AS400.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the prompt reply. But why wouldnt the code work on AS /400. Yes, I am executing the code in AS / 400 only. What can be the alternative to make it work on AS / 400.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It won't work on the AS400 because it makes calls to the "windows" API. That is why it was marked as a client only function.

Oh! _findfirst and _findnext looks like the APIs which work on Windows. Can't there be any way with which i can make this bsfn work on AS400? or maybe do some tweeking in the OCM to get results?
smile.gif
. Help Appreciated

You can trying using some CL code to simulate what you need and then call it from JDE.

Hope this helps.

Chan

Not clear on this. Can you please elaborate?
Infact what i want to achieve is, I have to pick the Oldest FlatFile from a specific folder. But the input to find that Flat file will be a Text with a WildCard.
Eg: Input is Customer* and it should pick up the Oldest File that matches this text. The BSFN (B9600471) - Find First File Matching WildCard serves good but its a Client Only. Help!!!
frown.gif

Hi Team,

Any one got fix fr this issue
I'm also having same requirement to pick multiple files from server but our standard Bsfn support only for client so I have copied and made the bsfn as client and server. It is not working for me in As400 server.
It throws error says the code is platform dependent.

Please someone help me to achieve pick multiple files from server using wildcard method

Hi Team,

Any one got fix fr this issue
I'm also having same requirement to pick multiple files from server but our standard Bsfn support only for client so I have copied and made the bsfn as client and server. It is not working for me in As400 server.
It throws error says the code is platform dependent.

Please someone help me to achieve pick multiple files from server using wildcard method
Hi,

in order to substitute Windows _findfirst _findnext you should take a look at readdir API working with both AS400 and Linux.

Please also take a look at following thread:

Linux Enterprise Server and Readdir API - see "read folder contents / filename from a folder"

Kind regards,

Carlo

Hi,

in order to substitute Windows _findfirst _findnext you should take a look at readdir API working with both AS400 and Linux.

Please also take a look at following thread:

Linux Enterprise Server and Readdir API - see "read folder contents / filename from a folder"

Kind regards,

Carlo
Thanks Carlo for your reply.

I checked the thread but I was not aware of those api.
Can you please help me with your code dump to understand.
My requirement is to fetch multiple files from As400 server path location.
Thanks in advance

Back