Client install fails - Xe sp23

lvtv

We have a VM that we use for external consultants to access our system. I had some errors with an app so I decided to re-install the client with DV objects only.
I think that during the uninstall there may have been a user logged in to the machine, but I proceeded with the uninstall anyway. We are on Xe, SQL 2005, sp23_y1.
Now when I attempt to install the client, I get the following error:

Setup Failed! The error reported by the operating system is 'The file installed by setup, '\\Deploy\b7333\systemcomp\ system.cab', is corrupt'. Please run the setup again.

I've tried running the setup several times - are there files on my client that I need to install? Or is it an issue with the deployment server?

jdeinst.log returns the following:

1 1 11:39:25 I Install Started
2 4 11:39:25 I Operating System = WindowsNT 5 . 2
3 3001 11:39:27 W CPackageSelection::OnInitDialog: Key 'PackageName' is missing in section 'Attributes' of '\\DEPLOY1\B7333\package_inf\PACKAGE_INF.inf'.
4 3001 11:39:27 W CPackageSelection::OnInitDialog: Key 'AppBuildDate' is missing in section 'Attributes' of '\\DEPLOY1\B7333\package_inf\PDSP23Y1.INF'.
5 2 11:39:36 I Package Chosen: \\DEPLOY1\B7333\package_inf\DVEF.INF
6 6007 11:42:31 E CSetupApp::InteractiveSetup: An error occurred while decompressing '\\DEPLOY1\B7333\systemcomp\system.CAB'. There could be a network connection problem, however, it is more likely that there is a problem with the logical format of the file or an i/o call failed when operating on the file.
7 101 11:43:45 I Setup was either canceled by the user or failed.

Have you tried installing the same package on another machine?
This would help narrow down the issue.

I just tried to install a PD package on another machine and got the same error.
Previous install attempt was for a DV objects only install, now it looks like all my full builds are hosed.

Hi,

You just have to build a dummy update package with no
objects but selecting compression of System, Data and Helps
folders.

Back