Clearing Submitted Jobs via OneWorld Scheduler - can it be done?

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
I want to schedule R9861101, Purge Submitted Jobs, to run weekly. But the documentation says this UBE must be run locally, which means I can't use the scheduler. If my server is a Wintel machine, wouldn't the functions behave the same as on a fat client? If anyone has automated the WSJ purge, please let me know how. Much Thanks.

I don't know how much this will help, but perhaps it will give you some ideas. Our enterprise server is an AS400. I created CL that uses the RUNUBE to exec R9861101. This allowed me to schedule the job via ROBOT. I thought I read in anohter thread about someting like RUNUBE for Windows based systems. Maybe you could do something with that.

Fred,

I have scheduled the R9861101 to run in the scheduler everyday. It purges over 6000 jobs daily (we keep 90 days). It works just fine. No need to run it locally at all... in Xe anyway. I have set this up over 6 months ago without any issues.

Hi,

the documentation does indeed specify that this job can only be run locally - but we schedule it and the R9861102 (that is called by R9861101) complains in the log abotu a BSFN that can not run on server but it complete successfully.

Solution #1
========================
I tried to set up the R9861101 job to run from a cron script in unix on the server. I submit a "runube" command on the server. I tried to get the runube command to run in batch but I had to change the command to run interactively to server and it submits the job fine. The only problem is that no jobs get deleted and I do not see the report for R9861102 just the report for R9861101.

Is it possible to run this job from a cron job in unix. I have it all set up but it does not seem to be working. Any ideas????

Solution #2
=====================
How would I set this job (R9861101) up via the Scheduler on the appln. I went into the scheduler and cannot figure out how to set it up. We currently do not use the scheduler at all.

Ultimate Outcome
==========================
I have all my versions set up for jobs R9861101 and R9861102 and they work fine running R9861101 locally. Want to submit this job via thru unix cron job or thru the scheduler on the appln. I want to be able to view the PDF reports after job finishes. I defined my cron script and tested it but it looks as though it will work better via the scheduler. Any help setting this up would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Cathy,

I just setup the R9861101 -- Purge program to cleanup our JobQueues for all R42750 Jobs from the system.

I used the JDE scehduler to do this.

The JDE scheduler should be running on your system to be able to do this.
Here is the ini (server) for the JDE Scheduler

[JDENET_KERNEL_DEF10]
krnlName=SCHEDULER KERNEL
dispatchDLLName=libjdeschr.so
dispatchDLLFunction=JDEK_DispatchScheduler
maxNumberOfProcesses=1
numberOfAutoStartProcesses=1

OneWorld Xe B7333 SP22_Update 3
Solaris 5.8, Oracle 8.1.7

When you run R9861101 thru the scheduler can you see the pdf output from job R9861102 (this rpt displays the jobs that were deleted)?

We now have R9861101 running as a server job each night (thanks everyone for your help). We realized that R9861101 only deletes "PDF" type extentions. So we have a unix job that removes all the ".CSV" jobs and old ".LOG" jobs that are hanging around (initiate this script from a cron nightly).

Back