clear zombie using server manager

CNC Guy

Well Known Member
Folks,

We are newly upgraded to 8.98.2.0 and wish to know how to clear zombies using the SM since Web saw is not available now?

thanks,
CNC Guy
8.11 SP1

In SM Runtime Metrics you can navigate to the Proces Detail area and within that see a process table, here you can see if there zombie processess. To remove it select the checkbox next to a process in the zombie state and click the ‘Remove Zombie’ button. If you attempt to remove a process that is not in the zombie state will have no effect.

[ QUOTE ]
Follow the below link for the "definitive" method for terminating zombies
zombie termination

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually paid money to see that movie. Woody Harrelson owes me $11.

Hi Guys,

I was wondering why Oracle haven't had a setting to automatically remove a zombie process in the current SM/Tools? I was hoping it would be automatic to remove those zombie processes and just check the logs of how many zombie processes where killed...or i'm just asking too much
crazy.gif

regards.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Guys,

I was wondering why Oracle haven't had a setting to automatically remove a zombie process in the current SM/Tools? I was hoping it would be automatic to remove those zombie processes and just check the logs of how many zombie processes where killed...or i'm just asking too much
crazy.gif

regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kernel Recycling?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Guys,

crazy.gif

regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kernel Recycling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jeff for pointing it out...its new in 8.98 SM, lots of stuff to read.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions/ answers. Actually I did see the metrices but all I see in runtime metrices is a package history and audit history. On further research we found out that the managemenet kernel (and the metadata kernel) are going into zombie as soon as we start our jde services on the app server (unix). May be that is why we don't see any metrices.

Surprisingly though we can start and stop jde services of that enterprise server through the SM which makes me think the agent running on that server is fine.

Any clues? we have even logged a case with oracle but as you know they take all the time..

we even tried starting from the unix itself (as opposed to doing it from SM) but result is the same. The debug file for the kernel is attached.

Thanks,
CNC Guy
8.11 SP1
8.98.2.0 (Update 2)
UNIX Solaris

Attachments

• 153187-jdedebug Management Kernel.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 192
Kernel recycling doesn't remove the zombies... You still have to manually remove them from Process Definition. I guess zombies will still stay as zombies...

[ QUOTE ]
Kernel recycling doesn't remove the zombies... You still have to manually remove them from Process Definition. I guess zombies will still stay as zombies...

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, after I posted that it occurred to me that the recycling doesn't remove the zombies. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hitler will remain upset about zombie kernels...

I sense another "Hitler and the CNC Guys: Zombie edition" video here.
cool.gif

Follow the below link for the "definitive" method for terminating zombies
zombie termination
Larry, I have loved reading your responses for decades. Can you repost your link to zombie termination again. The link that you provided takes you to Yahoo News. Everyone in the JDE community needs to read the "definitive" way to clear a zombie. Sometimes it takes more than the Server Manager clear zombie button - no matter how long you wait.

Back