E9.2 Clear Local JAS DD Definitions

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
When I make a change to a DD item such as changing the edit rule function or the lookup form I often have a problem in that the changes are not re-generated in my local JAS server. I used to be able to do the old manual generation process but I cannot seem to get that to work now. Is there a way to delete or force re-generation of DD item specs used by the local web dev JAS server so that changes are reflected?

Right now the only way I can do it is with a full build and/or re-install.

Assuming you have a local database, you can just Generate F989998 and F989999 from OMW in your local repo. Sure, this clears everything and you'll have to JITI all objects back, but you will get the latest specs. Brute force, but it works.

Craig

Assuming you have a local database, you can just Generate F989998 and F989999 from OMW in your local repo. Sure, this clears everything and you'll have to JITI all objects back, but you will get the latest specs. Brute force, but it works.

Craig
Agreed, since eGenerator is a thing of the past, this seems to be the only reasonable way. Still faster than Full Package. We have a little script on the desktops e.g. that simply truncates the tables 🤷‍♂️

Thanks. Both of these suggestions are exactly what I was looking for.

Back