Classroom training for World - Recommendations?

curryj

Well Known Member
When we first installed World 8 years ago, each project team member went off to one or more JD Edwards training centres and took courses on the modules he or she was responsible for. Over the years we've lost a lot of those people, and the remaining ones are getting rusty in areas where they're not really using the system much. We've decided we'd like to do another round of classroom training. We've tried train the trainer, OJT, sink or swim, and none of these methods seem as effective.
Oracle doesn't seem to be offering classes for World. Are any of your organizations getting classroom training anywhere, and are you prepared to recommend the training organization?
Unfortunately, we're pretty much limited to facilities within North America.

Thanks,

I have never used them, but have always heard good things about JDETips. You can check them out at JDETips.com. Good luck.

Jon,

I do believe Oracle still does have some classes on training for World.
You would need to contact someone at Oracle on training classes for your
World release and cume level.
Nichelle is correct that Klee Associates (JDETips) does some training
classes for World too you could also try contacting them. Both Oracle
would be your best first choice, as they could have more current
software changes.

Jim

Hi Jon,

Many of the JD Edwards/ Oracle business partners provide training. Some train onsite and others at their facilities. You can get a listing of these partners on the Oracle website. My company provides customized training using client data for a more realistic approach at client sites.

Thanks Alex, Jim and Nichelle for your responses. I guess no "listers" are doing any classroom training. I checked again on Customer Connection, and a search for courses in the format "Instructor Led Training" for World yields no results - despite this pious statement

"Oracle University welcomes JD Edwards World customers, and we recognize the need to support your ongoing applications investment. Oracle University continues to release current, relevant training for our World customers."

They do indicate that you can arrange a private event, but that's probably pretty pricey, and not really what we want.

They do list several courses in the "Self-Paced Online" format, for $375 for an 18 month subscription. Has anyone ever tried any of these?

Jon Curry,
Excellent classroom training on a number of JDE topics is provided by the JDETIPS organization. Here is a list of upcoming classes.
http://www.jdetips.com/WorkshopSchedule.asp
You should also subscribe to the JDETIPs newsletter (well worth the $600 annual fee). With that you get the entire JDETIPS archive.
EricL

If you cannot find any formal training with a preconfigured training database for World training, you could probably hire on a contract basis a World consultant to teach the classes to your people.

Back