Citrix Login disappears

Dragonlance

Everyone,
We are having an issue with our citrix clients. The end user will click on the published app to get the citrix sign on. (after logging into the citrix server) They will type in the user id and password and then click enter. The system may flash a few times trying to go by the environment section and then disappear into thin air. The citrix server does not show them logging out. Upon speaking with our Citrix people, they state it is a JDE issue and only happens after an update or full install was done. He states that the Citrix client can not keep up with the calls to the AS/400 for the database. He states that the user must type in thier user id, Tab to password, tab to environment, then hit the flashlight. This will force a proper connection out to the As/400 so they can select the environment and continue login to get the main menu and then be able to do thier work.
This sounds absurd as i find it hard to believe that other sites are having the same issue. The only way i can entertain his idea is if the JDE.INI has an inproper setting. He states it has something to do with the JITI to the citrix server causing a disconnect with the server not being able to keep up with the As/400.
This does not seem to be an As/400 issue if it is getting loss and not even signing off the server. He states it is a dropped connection is why we don't see that. Has anyone else had this issue and/or know if there is a timing setting that may need to be tweaked?

Thank you,

Dean

What version are you on ? Have you try to logon locally ?

I would consider to create new full package or resubmit build the package,
then re-install JDE on citrix. Make sure to run R92TAM and R98CRTGL
afterward to avoid JITI

Arie
ERP 8.0 SP23, iSeries V5R2, DB2/400, Citrix PS4.0, Websphere 4.0

JITI should be disabled and avoided on your Citrix servers. Your CNC should know how to use R92TAM and R98CRTGL to generate data dictionary and global table specs, and deploy them to your Citrix servers to avoid JITI for these spec files.

Back