Cheque prinitng not functioning as required

Naazish

Hi all,
I am facing an issue with regards to Cheque priniting. In addition to the standard application a customized report has been created which runs to print the Bank Transfer Letter. The flow is as follows:
P04571 calls P04572
P04572 calls R04571
R04571 through a Master Business Function ( F04572 Update Print Driver ) calls the customized report.

In this particular case R04571 calls Customized report 1 (thru MBF) which in turn calls Customized report 2 (through UBE Interconnect).

Both customized reports are based on R04572 (standard report). Within this standard report there is a Master Business Function - F04572 Print Update Status. I do not exactly know how this BSFN works but it updates the cheque status from Write status to Update status as well as sets a flag to stop/continue processing (this I have verified via debugging and checking the status in the table F04571). There are two problems:

1> If I don't comment the BSFN F04572 Print Update Status , then it calls the customized report continously for the number of times that there are Payee Names (AN8s). However the status of the cheque is correctly updated as required and expected.

2> If I comment the BSFN F04572 Print Update Status , then it calls the customized report only as required. However here it does not update the status of the cheque as expected. It creates two lines and makes a lot of unrequired mess.

If I solve one problem, the other raises it's ugly head. Both BSFNs are written in C. Kindly provide some solutions. If I must modify some of the BSFN values, which should I do? and how should I do them?
Also I do not have the BSFN's Notes so I don't know it's purpose, if someone could provide me with them it would help.

Solutions and suggestions will be most welcome.
Warm Regards
Naazish

What version of E1 you are on?
FYI, in 8.11 and higher - a call to a synchronous UBE is not allowed in a Business Function that is running on the server.

Back