Check-in Versions in OMW fails

Klong

Hi,

I have several report writers experiencing the same problem. When they try to check in versions of their reports they get the following error:

General Error in method, Check-In
CAUSE . . . . A General Error occurred while attempting to call the
Check-In method.
RESOLUTION. . Inspect the Object Management Workbench Logging System for
this object to see if any errors were reported. Also,
inspect the jde.log and/or jdedebug.log files for more
information regarding this error.

The information in the OMW Log is:
Failed to find a required Template table record in the destination for this version. Template must exist in the target location before the version, or be in the same project if this action is being done on the project..

When I create a new report on their machine I can check it in and out, no problem. But Versions that are existing on their machines do not seem to want to go.

Please help!

Kevin Long
OneWorld XE SP16 Update 2 w/Oracle 8i on NT

make sure if you are creating versions through OMW you need to have the template UBE checked out to your machine. If not, I don't think you can check it in.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA
Xe SP14; ES - AS/400; CO - AS/400; Deploy - NT Citrix - NT SP6; Report Distribution - Formscape;

Kevin,

Look at files: F91400, F91410, F91420, and F91430, if not populated use
R98403 to copy from local to your server (System - B733 Datasource).

Do records exist in the F9861 for the report you're trying to check in (1
per pathcode)?
I've seen something similar where there were loads of records missing in the
F9861. How many records, in total, do you have in the F9861?

Jeremey,

I tried checking the orginal report back out, but no luck.

Kevin

Kevin Long
OneWorld XE SP16 Update 2 w/Oracle 8i on NT

What about this:

Check out original base UBE, create a copy of your version, try checking in. Haven't tried, so just a thought.

Sorry the other one didn't work.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA
Xe SP14; ES - AS/400; CO - AS/400; Deploy - NT Citrix - NT SP6; Report Distribution - Formscape;

Hi Kevin,

First, which environment was the report created in?

Second, where are the activity rules trying to check-in the object?

Third, the project, is at what status

This usually happens if the object is not check-in to the right environment. Example, you are doing development in DV but your activity rules for check-in UBEVER is pointing to PD in the default project.

Adrian Valentim
Valmatrix Consulting Inc.

i had this same problem. what happened was i had created the template in one environment and the version in another. once i tried checking it via the proper environment i had no problem. just a thought. deb

Base UBE and Template must exist in the pathcode before you try checking in versions. Usually we check in the UBE and template in one project, create the versions in a second project and check in from there. When it comes to promoting the UBE, promote the project containing the UBE and templates first. Then promote versions in their own project later.

HTH

OneWorld Xe Sp16_018, W2k, W2K TSE, SQL 2K on Compaq Proliant.

Hi Klog,

How about trying "...or be in the same project if this action is being done on the project.."

I had the same issue before, now I select the project and do a check-in. Now, the version is checked-in to the path code.

Back