Changing the OW System User & schema passwords

oneworlduser

Hello All,

I need Help & Info in changing the OW System User Password & schema passwords
It will be great if any1 provide me steps to change the same.[JDE OW XE/SQL Server 2005],
Details::
We have System User as JDEUSOW & in Enterprise server ini we have User=JDE in [SECURITY] section & in [NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS] section we have QUser=JDE, please let me know the steps to change SYSTEM USER & which passwords I have to change in ini's of Enterprise server.

It will be great if any body explains me how JDE Uid & System User JDEUSOW are link to each other & how it works
Secondly we are planning to change passwords of Schemas PRODDTA/CRPDTA etc...Need to know from which locations I have to change passwords [Database & OW]

Help Appreciated!

Thanks.

To change the JDE system alias, follow Oracle Doc ID 626139.1 (link). This document should hopefully also show you the difference between the system user, and the user profile.

To change the schema passwords, use Oracle Doc ID 629822.1 (link).

Thanks for the info...I have a Question

So the JDE user is just a OW user but it has given access rights or linked with System User [means only JDE user can talk with database, no other users cant], Is it possible to link any other OW user with System User?

Is it Mandatory to have same password of System User & JDE user?

Thanks!

Let's think of 2 different users. You have your OneWorld User Profile, and you have your system "alias" user.

The system user was created for a couple of different reasons:
1) So you wouldn't have to maintain the same user names and passwords in both OneWorld, and whatever the back-end database is.
2) To abstract the OneWorld login from the database login so the users wouldn't go poking around in the data using whatever database tools are handy (AS/400 green screen, SQL Management Studio, even Access linked databases).

It is possible to have a JDE OneWorld user, and a JDE system user (happens a lot, actually), and both of them have different passwords. OneWorld authenticates its user and password, finds the appropriate system user association, and passes the system user's name and password on to the database.

When this is configured properly, all OneWorld users are associated with a system user, though not necessarily the same one. You could have multiple system users configured, and in fact, this is the basis for one configuration trick on the AS/400, used to associate different users with different default job queues.

Hope this makes things more clear.

Ken,

Nice explanation. To build on it, I have users from five different countries on my system. We use a different system user for each country. We have a JDEUSA, JDECAN, JDEMEX user etc. This is helpful to the DBAs when we have a user doing something stupid like an open ended query. The DBA can't tell me exactly which user is causing the database lock, but we can go down to the terminal server and country of origin for the user. Since our lan and jde IDs are also different for each country, I can make some intelligent guesses as to whom is causing the database lock.

Gregg Larkin, MBA
North American JDE Systems Engineer
Praxair Incorporated

Great explaination & info....Thanks

I have another Q'n

If I change password of System User & user JDE and PRODDTA/CRPDTA then will it harm anything?
What are all the things I have to take care & change?

Thanks.

When you change it, if you don't catch everything, then you have the situation where nobody can access the system (system user), or maybe some parts (like table generation) won't work.

Please read the linked documents above for the places where they should be changed.

[ QUOTE ]
Ken,

Nice explanation. To build on it, I have users from five different countries on my system. We use a different system user for each country. We have a JDEUSA, JDECAN, JDEMEX user etc. This is helpful to the DBAs when we have a user doing something stupid like an open ended query. The DBA can't tell me exactly which user is causing the database lock, but we can go down to the terminal server and country of origin for the user. Since our lan and jde IDs are also different for each country, I can make some intelligent guesses as to whom is causing the database lock.

Gregg Larkin, MBA
North American JDE Systems Engineer
Praxair Incorporated

[/ QUOTE ]

- You have five different countries & use a different system user for each country[JDEUSA, JDECAN, JDEMEX user etc]

-Could you please tell me in your JDE.INI you have only JDE & its password correct?

[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
QPassword=

Actually in our JDE system we have 2 System users JDEUSER1[2 users are tagged] & JDEUSER2 [1000+ users tagged], Before changing JDEUSER2 system user we are planning to change JDEUSER1 for testing purpose as it has only 2 users tagged cause risk is low.
In our Enterprise server jde.ini

[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
QPassword=

We have UID as JDE & its password, please let me know if I have to do any changes in JDE.ini ?

Thanks.

Back