Changing the description of the item on the Purchase Order

patcc

Well Known Member
Hi,

I'm actually trying to enter a purchase order for a service.
I created a non stock item (N stocking Type) and CN line type that will be used on the PO to refer to a service. It is a generic item number and I want to be able to change its description at the time of PO entry.

Eventually the description entered on the PO must be printed by R43500.

The reason why I used the generic item number is because I want it to be controlled by DMAAI's for the account number.

I managed to change the description at PO entry but when I printed the PO, the original text is printed.

How is it possible to get the text entered on the PO be printed by R43500?

Thanks

This is the way the program is written. You need to change the business view to pull the data from F4311 instead of F4101. This is also

Hi patcc,

In R43500, it has been used to retrieve the DSC1.F4101 for the PO item. you have to customise your purchase order print Report inorder to print the new discription that u have given while entering the purchase order and also make sure that you are storing the description in the database that you have given while PO creation.

Hi patcc,
If I understand your problem correctly you wnat to change the description of you item for a specific purchase order/s?

We do this all the time, and did not need to modify the object. Just so we are clear, we amend DSC1 and DSC2 in the screen P4310 form W4310A.

These amended descriptions appear on the standard R43500 pdf.

The only difference I think we have to yours is that we do this to stocking type S items as opposed to your N. Don't think that should make any difference though?

Regards,
Andrew

Yes Topo, that's exactly what I want.

Have you been able to do it?

I managed to do it on P4310 but only when not entering an item number. I simply enter the account number. Whenever I enter an item number automatically it retrieves the description from F4101.

How did you do it in your case?

Back