Changing standard density of a bulk item

kapsekunal

Hi,

We have received a request from business to analysze the possible impact of changing the standard desnity of some items at item level(Go to item master, additional system info->bulk information tab->display density field(DEND). Currently for this information is below are the values:
Display density(DEND):919 A
Density temperature(DETP):15 C
Density Minimum(DENN): 653 A
Density Maximum(DENX):1075 A

(Above A-Absolute Density, C- Celcius)

Business syas that abloe DEND as 919 is out of acceptable range thats why unacceptable. The correct std density should be 755.

Now we want to analyze what would be the impact of changing the stadard density(DEND)of this bulk item from 919 A to 755 A.

I am new to this bulk stock management module,Any help would be greately appreciated.

Hi,

I am still waiting for reply. Please whatever information you might have on this, kindly share it with me.

If i recall correctly System uses this to calculate the volume when given the acutal density & temp. This will impact the stock or dip level of the item. I am not sure if it would impact the current stock or volume. You can either perform change on one item and then observe the impact on stock & level. Bulk mgmt has changed a lot since i worked so you might want to go thru the manual and settings.

Chan

Hi,

We have received a request from business to analysze the possible impact of changing the standard desnity of some items at item level(Go to item master, additional system info->bulk information tab->display density field(DEND). Currently for this information is below are the values:
Display density(DEND):919 A
Density temperature(DETP):15 C
Density Minimum(DENN): 653 A
Density Maximum(DENX):1075 A

(Above A-Absolute Density, C- Celcius)

Business syas that abloe DEND as 919 is out of acceptable range thats why unacceptable. The correct std density should be 755.

Now we want to analyze what would be the impact of changing the stadard density(DEND)of this bulk item from 919 A to 755 A.

I am new to this bulk stock management module,Any help would be greately appreciated.

Hi tere!
Display density on item level should not affect your existing inventory. The actual density recorded on transactions and in tank Defaults are used for all volume calculations. The display density is just used to show the availability of your stock converted to that particular density (by default, since you can have multiple tanks for same product with different densities) but since dip readings and other transactions use the density that is stored on tank level, changing standard density will not affect your actual stock levels

Hope this helps
/Aarto
If you would change the minimum/maximum density and have already recorded transactions using values that would be outside of the new range, then you would have a problem

Hello Chan,
Thanks for your reply, but i dont think this would impact the stock level of the item as said by Aarto.

Hi Aarto Reponen,
I really appreciate your response. Yes you are right by saying that this would not impact the current stock level of the item. You said that "
The display density is just used to show the availability of your stock converted to that particulardensity". Where i can see the stock availability converted to that particular display density???
Also i have noticed that the display density that we mention at the item level in item master, the same density is used in item specific UOM conversion application. i.e if i display density for item x is 875.000 then in item specific UOM application the UOM conversion factor for LT to KG is 0.875. This i have noticed for all the items. So i believe that the display density for an item has direct connection with the item specific UOM conversion for LT to KG. So if we change the item display density then we will have to change the UOM conversion factor as well.This conversions are used when we enter any transaction say Purchase Order in other units of measures say KG and system converts it back to primary unit of measure that is LT.
Please let me know what do you think on this?

Back