Changing Material Issues After WO Status Reaches 99

Tim8705

Hi,

I'm using JDE Version 9.1. I'm pretty new to JDE and recently took a course offered by a consulting company.

During the training, they mentioned changing WO statuses. In my company, it is fairly common for the manufacturing floor to close a work order and have it reach status 99 with the material issues being incorrect. During my training, I remember specifically hearing that it was alright to backup a work order out of status 99, fix the issue, and return it to status 99.

I'm finding this not to be the case. When I find an error in material issues on a WO in status 99, back it up to Status 40 and issue the material that was not issued the first time around, no journal entries are made to the G/L to account for this - only the Item Ledger is updated.

Should I never change a WO status once it has reached Status 99? If that is the case, how do I correct my problem with material not getting issued?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Tim

Did you run WIP Accounting (R31802) after issuing the materials? After we have finished reviewing a WO and it's ready to close, we run Variance Accounting (R31804), but I've always been told that this is only to be run ONCE for a WO; I believe that running R31804 flips a variance flag on the WO header record. I don't know if running R31802 after having run R31804 will post anything -- never tried it. You may want to give this a try in a test environment, and test it thoroughly!

Once variance accounting has been run for a work order cannot process any further transactions against it. So work orders at 99 are closed and cannot be reopened. Any errors in inventory issues should be picked up and corrected before getting to 99.

Back