Changing Business View from Simple Join to Left Outer Join

parora

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Business View, V43121A, is a simple join between the F43121 and F4101 Table, linked based on ITM.

I would like to change the view to be a left outer join instead, based on ITM number, so I can pick up records in the F43121, which are not in the F4101.

This View is used in a handful of applications, and so will test these to ensure no adverse consequences.

However, what factors should be considered before doing this, i.e. I suspect records may take slightly longer to be retrieved by using the outer join, but what other things need to be taken into account?

hi, i would not recommend changing join types of standard jde businessviews. the only appropriate changes to standard jde businessviews are inclusions of additional columns of tables already in the businessview.

consider creating a custom view instead (and a custom form or ube).

ps: it sounds strange that you would have item numbers in f43121 which are not present in your item master table...

Hi all

Also it is recommended to assign special name for customized business view for ex : V5543121A

Regards

You should also be aware of null values in fields that belong to the table on the right side of the left outer join. Because You did not have an outer join before the you did not have to contend with null values.

To do this modification it would be much better to Create a new view. The reason is that by modifying the existing view you might satisfy the conditions that you are looking for in one application but they are mutually exclusive for other applications that uses the same view. By creating a new view you give youself the option of using the correct view for the situation that best suits it.

Back