Change in F0101 Alpha name not updating F060116.ALPH

pbare

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am hoping someone has an idea of where I can look for the issue that my users have noted.

When the user goes into P0801, enters in an id and selects the record,and goes to the Row Exit for Address Book. In this screen (P01012|W01012A), the user changes the Alpha Name.

For any records where F0101.AT1 = E,X,Q, the change is made with no problem (F060116 is updated as expected).

When they have a record where F0101.AT1 = TM, then F060116 is not updated.

In going through the code, I found a table trigger on F0101 on the Before Record is Inserted which looks at the AT1 value but on the Before Record is Updated, the only code on the trigger is the Get Audit Info.

Is there somewhere else that I need to check to find out if the code that the users are trying to update is being excluded?

Thanks
Pam

Looking at 9.0 right now, and not seeing the Table Trigger you mention. F060116 is updated here as follows:

L4 F060116.Update
L3 HRMUpdateOnAddrBkChgAll (N0800011)
L2 HRMUpdateONAddressBookChange (N0800010)
L1 AddressBookMasterMBF
L0 P01012|W01012A

But maybe it's different in 8.10, haven't checked.

This is as much as question as an answer. Is there any kind of workflow available/turned on for the address book that is stopping the change?

Pam, I'm looking at 8.10 right now.. Are you sure about them Table Triggers? Cuz what I'm seeing in 8.10, is pretty much the same as in 9.0. I.e.: Not seeing the F0101 table Trigger you mentioned, only audit fields are populated in the events you mentioned. And F060116 is updated through the same flow I mentioned above for 9.0. Is it possible you're looking at customised Table Triggers, etc.? Also, 'TM' doesn't seem to be a standard UDC-value in UDC 01|ST.

It does appear that the table trigger is custom... of course no documentation on the trigger as to why it was added

I have suggested to my users that we create a Out of Synch type report so that they can make the required changes

Thanks for all the suggestions/help...

Pam

Hey, if you are not afraid of table triggers, and it sounds like you are knowledgeable. Why not create one for what you need.

Back