Change from weighted average to standard costing

mc wong

Are there any batch jobs to switch the costing method from weighted average to standard costing?
Instead of using P4105 and change item by item. Add unit cost for '07' and switch the item from '02' to '07'.

Then use P41021 to review the journal entries.
We have dozens of branchplants and more than 30k active items.
There is too much manual tasks to be performed.
Are there other processes which I must look out for before and after the change in cost method?

Thks..
My company has switched to TomorrowNow and I have no access to JDE knowledge garden.

If you are a manufacturing environment you can use the normal JDE cost roll process to roll your 02 cost into your 07 cost. P30820 and P30835. Otherwise you might look at the P41052.

I would also strongly urge you to try this in a test environment first so your finance group can review any ramifications.

Best of luck

Sorry - Almost forgot, you would also need to change the inventory costing selection in your branch plant constants.

I am not sure, but this may not update the hidden flag in the P4105 file COCSIN. This would also need to be tested. If it does not automatically update this for all items, an SQL would need to be run or program written to change the flag to blank for your 02 records and to an I for your 07 records.

Again, the entire process will need to be thoroughly tested.

Back