Category Codes and Customer Master File F03012

ssolberg

VIP Member
I found something that I need someone to help me confirm. It has to do with the Category Code fields in the Address Book.

In World, there is a bunch of cat code fields (AC01-AC30) that are maintained in the F0101 table. There are not cat codes fields maintained at the AP (F0401) or AR (F0301) master table level.

It appears in E1, the Address Book table continues to carry these cat codes fields but now it appears the Customer Master Table (F03012) also carries a full set of these same cat code fields? They even use the same UDC table. And if I create a new Address Book entry, fill in one of these cat code fields, then go create a Customer Master record for them, the value from F0101 does NOT default into F03012?

Oddly, Supplier Master table (AP) does NOT do things this way and does not even have the fields, just like World is now. Any idea why these fields are now in the Customer Master table and they are totally separate from the Address Book fields of the same name?

This appears to have really screwed up some things with one of our companies that recently migrated to E1. They do their “billing” by one of the cat code fields and they always assumed that it lived in the Address Book (as it did in World) so they change things in that field and it does not flow through to the Customer Master record which is used to do the billing, as best as I can tell.

Any clarification or thoughts on the subject?

E1 uses the customer master category codes for pricing since the codes can
be different per company doing business with the same customer but in
different product lines. Category codes can also be different in time
using effective dates.

If you use the address book to create a new customer, the customer
category codes will be copied to the customer master only on first
creation. If using CRM to create the new customer, the address book
category codes will not be populated.

There is UBE R01050 that can copy address book cat codes to the customer
master if your process is to only modify cat codes in the address book not
the customer master and not using CRM.

Guy Robert
Syntax.Net

In order for the category codes to be copied from the Address Book to the Customer Master when adding a new customer, processing option 1 on the Default tab of the Customer Master MBF (P0100042) must be set to a value of 1.

If you are using advanced pricing you may have date effective category codes activated. This lets you change a customer's pricing by date. If you use date effective category codes, you set an accounts receivable constant during implementation or when you started using them.

To maintain date effective category codes, use the "Date Effective Cat" form exit from the Customer Master Revisions form. Date effective category codes are stored in F03012A. Run the Date Effective Category Update Program (R03012A) to copy the values from the Customer Date Effective Category Code Table (F03012A) to Customer Master by Line of Business table (F03012). There is a gotcha for entering date effective category code values, see documentation for the details.

Back