Cartonization Logic

Steve Langley

Greetings,

I have a World customer who is interested in getting the greatest benefit from utilizing cartonization; and they have proposed the question as to how the programs (46171/create suggestions and 46450/calculate cartonization) interaction with the rest of the warehouse configuration. For example:

1) The warehouse is sequenced through picking locations for various UOM.
2) Use fixed UOM locations for picking (Roll up activated.)
3) Process complete sales orders through as opposed to any form of order parsing.
4) Cartonization is set up by item profile to compare carton/item volume (weight and other dimensional data being secondary). The carton selection is set to filter its choice from largest to smallest carton.

Ideally….. cartonization would take those parameters into consideration prior to suggesting a carton. This would promote a carton based on warehouse activity as well as what “fits” in the box. It is feared that the programs in question will make a simple aggregate calculation by item and override any complexity configured into the warehouse movement setting and instructions.

I thank you in advance for your response. I have proposed this question both in World and OneWorld to advise the customer of any note worthy differences between the two.

Best Regards,

Steve Langley
[email protected]

A73 Cume 9

Back