Cardex Updated Twice

patcc

Well Known Member
When running the application P4205 for ship confirmation, I noticed that the cardex is updated twice for the same item. In table F4111, 2 records are created twice with exactly the same data except the fields TDAY which is 1 second difference and UKID where it is only incremented by one....

This problem causes my quantity on hand to be decremented twice... and records in table F0911 are entered correctly.

Note that this problem is not occuring every time but it happens quite often...

Can you please help on this problem?

Is there any SAR to solve this problem

Unfortunetly, I do not know what version you are on, but I would have to say that it is before ERP 8.0 because this issue is fixed in this version.

If you are before ERP8.0, there are a couple of things that you can do.
1. Tell the users to wait a few minutes before trying to receive the product. What is happening is the business function is taking a longer time to update the files, so the user inquires thinking that it did not take and tries to ship it again.

2. Find the business function that is running async and change it to run sync. This will lock the users screen until it is completed. The problem is that it can lock the screen for an extended amount of time.

Not till you go to ERP 8.0. This is a known issue that JDE would never fix and then finally in ERP 8.0 they made all business functions run synchrounsly and added item reservation code to lock the record until it was fully updated.

The best solution is to find in the code the business function that is causing the issue and mark it to be syncronous instead of async.

same problem for me, we have users confirming x lines, they confirm all, press ok and the x lines 'appear' back at the entry screen so they press select again and get to ship them twice..

i assume you need to make ALL calls to n4200790 bsfns run synch in both the W4205k and w4205h forms?

i tried adding in code to hide lines from the business view that had a ship date (hoping 2nd time round they would then not appear) but its aparrent there is still a timing issue in that the update isnt done....

anyone got an proof this fix will work and thats all we need to do?

thanks in advance,
jde xe b7333 sp21, unix ent, w2k WTS farm

I have done this fix many times and it works great. The users will complain about how slow it will run, but you don't have to worry about doubling of the cardex records.

Make sure you get the business function that is causing the problem. I beleieve it is called in different places in the code, so you need to make the changes everytime the business function is called.

ok will do..tho i only find 2 calls to end doc so i wonder is that all i need to do. i dont need to concern myself with begin / edit line?

BTW there ia a code fix from jde under 3785958 that moves the end doc.

also good posting on this site TOPIC 69707 'Multiple Ship confirm problem'

Back