Cant open C++ to view or edit BSFN

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
I am running XE SP24.21 on Windows 7 64 Bit, using Visual C++ 6 sp3. I can build BSFN's but when I try to edit / view a C BSFN I get theses errors as C++ open.

Pop-up #1
E:\Program
File not found
Please Verify that the path and file name are correct

Pop-up #2
Files
File not found

Pop-up #3
(x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\source\B4700230.c
File not found

..then it repeats for the B4700230.h Eventually Visual C++ open with an empty window

It seems like there must be somewhere that I need to add "'s around the path string, but I don't know where.

Here is my environment Variables
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Roaming
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
HOMEPATH=\LOCALAPPDATA=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Local
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card;;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Shared;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\bin32";"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\bin32";"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\DV7333\bin32";
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=2a07
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Local\Temp
VS90COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\
windir=C:\Windows
windows_tracing_flags=3
windows_tracing_logfile=C:\BVTBin\Tests\installpackage\csilogfile.log

Here is my JDE.INI File
[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Optimize
INCLUDES=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;E:\Program Files 86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\include;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\cg;$(APP)\include;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\includev
LIBS=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\libv32
MAKEDIR=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin
USER=JDEOW
VisualStudioVersion=6

Any Idea's?

As a work around, I modified the B9800380 to add in the quotes around the paths.

Here is the original code:
sprintf(szSourcePath, "%s\\%s", szAppPath, SOURCE_DIR);
sprintf(szIncludePath, "%s\\%s", szAppPath, INCLUDE_DIR);
sprintf(szActivConsole, "%s\\%s", szSysPath, BIN32_ACTIVCONSOLE);

and with the fix:
sprintf(szSourcePath, "\"%s\\%s\"", szAppPath, SOURCE_DIR);
sprintf(szIncludePath, "\"%s\\%s\"", szAppPath, INCLUDE_DIR);
sprintf(szActivConsole, "\"%s\\%s\"", szSysPath, BIN32_ACTIVCONSOLE);

The Extra /" adds and double quote to the beginning and end of the string, The / is the escape char for the ".

I still don't like that I had to do this, so understanding how the jdeGetEnvironmentPaths gets the szAppPath would still be good to know.

Aaron

the AppPath is retrieved from the jde.ini in the [INSTALL] section. Since B9, the entry is B9=. I see you're on Xe, so that entry may be B7= (or something similar).

Now that won't change your dilemma. I think what you did is probably the best fix you've got. Personally, I've never seen E1 installs done anywhere other than the root folder (ie E:\B7).

Allowing for the possibility of spaces in the folder path should have been handled by JDE/Oracle ... which you've done with your change.

--047d7bdc96c8e9d11c04fa9e87d5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Check the VisualStudioVersion , I see that you have 6 in the jde.ini , go
to regconfig and compare if same version their .

n
s
System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
m
ft
ram
ase++remove+this+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+
--047d7bdc96c8e9d11c04fa9e87d5
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Check the VisualStudioVersion , I see that you have 6 in the jde.ini , go to regconfig and compare if same version their .</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 29 May 2014 21:50, "amwalshjde" &lt ;<a href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>> wrote:<br typ 8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I am running XE SP24.21 on Windows 7 64 Bit, using Visual C++ 6 sp3. I can build BSFN's but when I try to edit / view a C BSFN I get theses error s as C++ open.

Pop-up #1
E:\Program
File not found
Please V erify that the path and file name are correct

file name are correct

Pop-up #3
(x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\source are correct

an empty window

It seems like there must be somewhere that I need to add "'s around the path string, but I don't know where.

ram Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=3DC:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files

CommonProgramW6432=3DC:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec=3DC:\Windows\ s (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card; ;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System3 2\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapA PI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x 86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EV Client\;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Shared;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\;E: \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x 86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Fil es (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;E:\Program Files (x86)\Micros oft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\ 100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\ID E\PrivateAssemblies\;"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\bin32 ";"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\bin32";"E :\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\DV7333\bin32";

Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=3D6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=3D2a0 ProgramFiles=3DC:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=3DC:\Program Files (x8 S=3DC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\
wi LIBDIR=3DE:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
TPLNAME icrosoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;E:\Program Files 86)\JDEdwards\B7\syste m\include;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\cg;$(APP)\include;E:\P rogram Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\includev

LIBS=3DE:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;E:\Program F iles (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;E:\Program Files (x86)\JD al Studio\VC98\bin;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MS ld Xe SP22 AS/400 V5R2
p;Board=3DOWDEV&Number=3D188024" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELIST threa out the <a href=3D"http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board =3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities forum</a></td>
<font face=3D"Verdana, Arial" size=3D"-2">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=C2=AE To unsubscribe from this list via email, <a href=3D"mailto:+jdeowdev_remove @jdelist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+thi s+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+List.

Than k+You." target=3D"_blank">Click here</a>.

--047d7bdc96c8e9d11c04fa9e87d5--

Back