E9.2 Can't change form extension P43214

marisas

Good morning,

I have a problem in changing a form extension already existing (P43214 - W43214A) which contains an Orchestrator button. Clicking on the form extension icon, the editing screen of Form Extension does not open.
No personal form or layout is selected.
The Form Extension is correctly approved and published.
What could be the problem?

Thank you very much,

Marisa

I'd first try turning off all of your browser extensions in case there is something interfering, such as an adblocker. Next I'd try a different browser.

Can you take a screenshot of what your screen looks like after hitting the form extension icon?

adblocker
Good morning Dave and thank you for your help.
I have no browser extensions in Chrome and I have the same problem with Microsoft Edge.
I have the problem only when I add an Orchestration Bottom in the form extension.
This is the screen after hitting the form extension icon.
Formextension_P43214.JPG

Thank you,

Marisa

Do you have UDO Action security setup to allow you to create/publish/modify Form Extensions?

Do you have UDO Action security setup to allow you to create/publish/modify Form Extensions?
Yes, I have security. If there is not Orchestration in Form Extension, I can modify it.
Moreover, doing various tests, I realized that the problem was caused by the presence of special characters in the name of the orchestration associated with the form extension.
So I changed the name of the Orchestration by eliminating the special characters. If I create a new form extension ex novo in another application (P4210) inserting this orchestration, I can modify the Form extension.
Instead the already existing form extension (P43214) continues to be non-editable, even if I refreshed the cache after changing the name of the Orchestration. I don't want to delete and recreate the P43214 form extension as I would have to redo the personal forms associated with it.
Is there a way to make the existing form extension editable after changing the Orchestration name?

Thank you very much,

Marisa

Last edited:
Yes, I have security. If there is not Orchestration in Form Extension, I can modify it.
Moreover, doing various tests, I realized that the problem was caused by the presence of special characters in the name of the orchestration associated with the form extension.
So I changed the name of the Orchestration by eliminating the special characters. If I create a new form extension ex novo in another application (P4210) inserting this orchestration, I can modify the Form extension.
Instead the already existing form extension (P43214) continues to be non-editable, even if I refreshed the cache after changing the name of the Orchestration. I don't want to delete and recreate the P43214 form extension as I would have to redo the personal forms associated with it.
Is there a way to make the existing form extension editable after changing the Orchestration name?

Thank you very much,

Marisa
Sorry, I correct what I wrote earlier: I have not modified the name of the Orchestration, but the description of the UDO which contained special characters.

At this point I think you are forced to delete and recreate the form extension. It really sounds like there is just some sort of corruption going on.

Back