Canadian T4 and T4A issues found :-(

pbare

Well Known Member
Hi All,
I am hoping someone can help me out. I am trying to help our Payroll group with some issues that they have found after they ran their Year End Workfile and generated their T4's

1) We have fifteen pensioners in the system that are supposed to receive T4A. While all of the T4A documents are created, 2 of them are not showing their Box 028 (set up in special handling). The only difference that we could find is that 2 of them are from BC not Alberta.
---Is there something special that we need to have set up for Pensioners in different provinces

2) We have about 28 employees that are not displaying their boxes 38,39, and 40 (special handling is set up correctly) - the other 7000 employees seem to be correct. They have data in F77200 - Canadian Employee Year End Form Header but not in F77210 - Canadian Employee Year End Form Detail - we haven't found a reason for why only 28 employees would be affected

Has anyone ever seen these types of issues before? Any ideas of where I can look to try and figure out what is going on with these scenarios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have spent the last couple of days trying to figure out what could be wrong with the employees. I have also tried running the exact same process in one of our non-prod environments and get the same results :-(

We are using JDE 9.1 with an Oracle 11 G backend

We have resolved both issues
Issue 1: The two that weren't showing were due to a flag in F06146 and F06156 not being set for the Pensioners so the T4A defaulted some of their records to Alberta instead of their province of work

Issue 2: Our Repost reports R77148A and R77148B were running on a multi-thread queue. When you kick off the reports, the run at the same time. R77148A is deleting records from the table while R77148B is inserting records (then the two reports eventually catch up)

We put the reports on a single threaded queue and this resolved the issue.

Back