can data selection preset values be REALLY locked ?

Deak

In UBE data selection screen (8.9 w/8.96 tools), you can select a row and use the "advanced" link to lock the values. A padlock icon is displayed. The problem is that anyone with data selection rights can also click the advanced link and unlock the same data selection row.

This data sel lock seems very flimsy unless there's also a way to limit who can access the advanced link.

Does anyone know how to secure the Advanced feature on the data selection screen ?

Thank you.

I think if you want to "lock" data selection, or prevent users from changing data selection, you have to place medium security on the verison, or hard code it in the event rules.

>> You mean the Advanced Link present in the Row Exit??

No. ...on web client...
1. select ube version to run
2. check "data selection" box
3. click "submit"
4. data selection screen appears. rows of data selection "presets" are displayed.
5. two hotspots or "links" are displayed beneath the rows of data selections:
a) ADD ROW, and
b) ADVANCED

Has anybody got the solution for said issue?

>> You mean the Advanced Link present in the Row Exit??

No. ...on web client...
1. select ube version to run
2. check "data selection" box
3. click "submit"
4. data selection screen appears. rows of data selection "presets" are displayed.
5. two hotspots or "links" are displayed beneath the rows of data selections:
a) ADD ROW, and
b) ADVANCED

Has anybody got the solution for said issue?

Has anybody got the solution for this?
We also have the same requirement.

Hello,

I've tested with p00950 in order to remove the "advance" button because I need to disable this option to the users. The problem is that even though the advance button disappears, all existing rows are blocked automatically, it doesn't matter if you have the previous configuration with some rows blocked with the little lock and some others without the lock, so the users are not able to modify filters they still need to modify.

Is there any way to just disable the advance button in order to avoid the user will be able to put/remove the lock but keeping the previous configuration without blocking all rows in the payment group?

Thanks in advance

zimmer,

What is your ultimate goal? This rather old thread (at least the original discussion is old) may not be relevant to your issue.

Are you trying to secure out the data selection in some way? When the thread was resurrected in 2017 Jeff put a link to a feature not available when the original thread was posted to secure data selection independent of the Advanced exit. At this point there doesn't seem to be anything too dangerous on the Advanced form exit. Changing the job queue might be the worst. Instead it should be controlled using the Processing Option and Data Selection Security. It sounds like you may already have this set up since you are referring to the lock icon, which shows up when this security is in place.

If your goal is to secure out the Advanced form exit for some reason other than data selection you should use hyper exit security. I ran a quick test and secured it out while verifying that data selection security still seemed to work.

You could also go to an even finer level of detail and secure out individual buttons on that form using column security. For example, you can still allow the user to see the Advanced exit but secure out the column "NEWJQ" to secure out the ability to change the job queue, either as a change=N or a view=N to completely remove it from sight. Honestly, 99.999% of users would probably never use that exit anyway but I understand sometimes you need to secure things out, particularly if your auditors tell you to.

Back