• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Calling External programs

tombrown

Active Member
Hi List,

Anyone know another way to call an external application apart from
using business function B34A1030? This business function is not
available in our release...

thanks

tom brown


=====
Please reply to tombrown@rocketmail.com






__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Tom,
At first a question: What is your OneWorld release?
If you want to make your call from an APPL then you can try to use the "Run Executable" system function (General category)
I am not sure that this does exist prior B733.
I haven't foun any help about it on B7331 but found under XE.
I will copy it for you to the end of this post.
Please, let us know on the Forum that how does it work. Thanks.
=====Help for Run Executable==========================================
Run Executable system function allows the application to execute other programmable code outside OneWorld.

Parameters

Parameter Description I/O Required Notes
EXE Directory String I Y Directory where the executable code reside
EXE Name String I Y Name of the executable
Parameter #1 String I Y Input to executable if any
Parameter #2 String I Y Input to executable if any
Parameter #3 String I Y Input to executable if any
Working Directory String I Y
Available Events

Available on all events
=====End of Help======================================================


B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Üdvözöljük,
It definitely works for B7321!
I hope Zoltan's precise indications (and maybe my ER) will be helpful:

Listing of ER for FDA Application: "Main PTMS upload Interface"

FORM: Convert PTMS Data [FIX INSPECT]
CONTROL: BUTTON PTMS_vb
EVENT: Button Clicked

0001 Run Executable("C:\x_PTMS\vbStuff", "PTMS_vb.exe", <Zero>, <Zero>, <Zero>, "C:")
0002 Show Control(FC Done 0)

You may use the attachment, too.

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
 

Attachments

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Adrian,
We have already discussed how to store and post Screen Shots, pasted into a Word Document or as a bitmap file (.bmp) in our private conversation in the past.
Remember, 40-100 KB vs 4 MB !!!
I have accepted some counter-argument of you, but now please, you accept one of mine. Please, choose the first method when you put it onto the Forum. The (download) time is money!
I know, ZIP can eliminate most of the difference in sizes.

At last, thank you that I could test this wonderful new feature (attachment) in live.

Zoldy

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Forum/List,
This is just FYI.
If you don't understand "Üdvözöljük" as the first word in Adrian's
e-mail that means only you do not speak Hungarian and not more :)
"Üdvozöljük" is one of the alternative translations of "Welcome" or "We
greet you" in our Hungarian language.
What about to start a Hungarian language course?
I am just kidding, of course.
Zoltán
>

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Servus Zoldy,
Ok, OK, OK you addict! I've got it; I promise not to be lazy anymore(?) :)
I'm still waiting for an answer to my UDC problem; it seems you're busy counting the zipped files sizes :-(
By the way, how do you get connected to the Inet?
Have a nice one,

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
 

tombrown

Active Member
re - running executables

Sorry Zoltan no release...

we are on OW 733 SP 11.3

I am actually trying to run the execuyable from a Table Convertor, so
the run executable system function is not available...

I also need it to run on a server, so using the function which runs
menu options having set up the executable as a menu option would not
work either...

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Tom Brown



--- Zoltan_Gyimesi <zoltan.gyimesi@synergon.hu> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> At first a question: What is your OneWorld release?
> If you want to make your call from an APPL then you can try to use
> the "Run Executable" system function (General category)
> I am not sure that this does exist prior B733.
> I haven't foun any help about it on B7331 but found under XE.
> I will copy it for you to the end of this post.
> Please, let us know on the Forum that how does it work. Thanks.
> =====Help for Run
> Executable==========================================
> Run Executable system function allows the application to execute
> other programmable code outside OneWorld.
>
> Parameters
>
> Parameter Description I/O Required Notes
> EXE Directory String I Y Directory where the executable code reside
> EXE Name String I Y Name of the executable
> Parameter #1 String I Y Input to executable if any
> Parameter #2 String I Y Input to executable if any
> Parameter #3 String I Y Input to executable if any
> Working Directory String I Y
> Available Events
>
> Available on all events
> =====End of
> Help======================================================
>
>
> B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
> (working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=5901
>
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>


=====
Please reply to tombrown@rocketmail.com






__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices! http://auctions.yahoo.com/
 
P

pcaenaro69

Guest
Hi Tom,

I had the problem here on B733 with Report Interconnect. It didn't work from
a TC. Worked fine from another UBE.
So we designed a main UBE that calls the TC and then calls another UBE.

Apparently your situation is different, but this might still help...

Regards

Philippe

----- Original Message -----
From: "tombrown" <tombrown@rocketmail.com>
To: <jdeowdevml@jdelist.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: Calling External programs


> re - running executables
>
> Sorry Zoltan no release...
>
> we are on OW 733 SP 11.3
>
> I am actually trying to run the execuyable from a Table Convertor, so
> the run executable system function is not available...
>
> I also need it to run on a server, so using the function which runs
> menu options having set up the executable as a menu option would not
> work either...
>
> Any more ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom Brown
>
>
>
> --- Zoltan_Gyimesi <zoltan.gyimesi@synergon.hu> wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> > At first a question: What is your OneWorld release?
> > If you want to make your call from an APPL then you can try to use
> > the "Run Executable" system function (General category)
> > I am not sure that this does exist prior B733.
> > I haven't foun any help about it on B7331 but found under XE.
> > I will copy it for you to the end of this post.
> > Please, let us know on the Forum that how does it work. Thanks.
> > =====Help for Run
> > Executable==========================================
> > Run Executable system function allows the application to execute
> > other programmable code outside OneWorld.
> >
> > Parameters
> >
> > Parameter Description I/O Required Notes
> > EXE Directory String I Y Directory where the executable code reside
> > EXE Name String I Y Name of the executable
> > Parameter #1 String I Y Input to executable if any
> > Parameter #2 String I Y Input to executable if any
> > Parameter #3 String I Y Input to executable if any
> > Working Directory String I Y
> > Available Events
> >
> > Available on all events
> > =====End of
> > Help======================================================
> >
> >
> > B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
> > (working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
> > --------------------------
> > Visit the forum to view this thread at:
> >
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Numbe
r=5901
> >
> > *************************************************************
> > This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> > Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> > UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> > *************************************************************
> >
>
>
> =====
> Please reply to tombrown@rocketmail.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!
http://auctions.yahoo.com/
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------
> To view this thread, visit the JDEList forum at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OWDEV&Numb
er=5957
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
 
Could you please give me some insight as to how you insert the Run
Executable in a Edwards ER. When I go in I see nothing that let's you key
a line like 0001 Run Executable...... Please let me know. Thanks.



From: Adrian_Chimirel <adrian.chimirel@home.com>@jdelist.com on 02/20/2001
11:41 AM

Please respond to jdeowdev@jdelist.com

Sent by: owner-jdeowdevml@jdelist.com


To: jdeowdevml@jdelist.com
cc:
Subject: Re: Calling External programs


Üdvözöljük,
It definitely works for B7321!
I hope Zoltan's precise indications (and maybe my ER) will be helpful:

Listing of ER for FDA Application: "Main PTMS upload Interface"

FORM: Convert PTMS Data [FIX INSPECT]
CONTROL: BUTTON PTMS_vb
EVENT: Button Clicked

0001 Run Executable("C:\x_PTMS\vbStuff", "PTMS_vb.exe", <Zero>,
<Zero>, <Zero>, "C:")
0002 Show Control(FC Done 0)

You may use the attachment, too.

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat
=&Board=OWDEV&Number=5906
*************************************************************
This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
*************************************************************
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Kenneth,
You have forgotten to attach your system configuration informations.
OneWorld release and/or SP level could be relevant that do you have the mentioned choice.

In response to your question:
* Open the EventRule Designer for an event
* Select "System Function" from the "Insert" menu or press the "f(s)" icon on the Toolbar
* Open the "General" folder on the window and you will find "Run Executable" by ABC order in the dropped down list
* Double-click "Run Executable"
* Set the parameters
* Press OK.
* :) That's all.

I am not sure that do you have this choice prior B7331 and/or prior SP6.

I am also not sure that this System Function is available for all Object/Event type, namely it is available for APPLs but I am not sure that it is also available for Table Event Rules, UBEs and NER Business Functions.

Hope, could help
Zoltán

P.S.: Please, next time do not forget to attach sy... ;-)

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

barrier

Reputable Poster
Kenneth,

Run Excutable is a System Function in the General catagory....in Event
Rules clisk the System Function button, double click the General catagory,
select the Run Excutable function and fill in the parameters.





Kenneth_Elder
<Kenneth_Elder@b-f To: jdeowdevml@jdelist.com
.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: Calling External programs
owner-jdeowdevml@j
delist.com


03/07/01 03:19 PM
Please respond to
jdeowdev







Could you please give me some insight as to how you insert the Run
Executable in a Edwards ER. When I go in I see nothing that let's you key
a line like 0001 Run Executable...... Please let me know. Thanks.



From: Adrian_Chimirel <adrian.chimirel@home.com>@jdelist.com on 02/20/2001
11:41 AM

Please respond to jdeowdev@jdelist.com

Sent by: owner-jdeowdevml@jdelist.com


To: jdeowdevml@jdelist.com
cc:
Subject: Re: Calling External programs


Üdvözöljük,
It definitely works for B7321!
I hope Zoltan's precise indications (and maybe my ER) will be helpful:

Listing of ER for FDA Application: "Main PTMS upload Interface"

FORM: Convert PTMS Data [FIX INSPECT]
CONTROL: BUTTON PTMS_vb
EVENT: Button Clicked

0001 Run Executable("C:\x_PTMS\vbStuff", "PTMS_vb.exe", <Zero>,
<Zero>, <Zero>, "C:")
0002 Show Control(FC Done 0)

You may use the attachment, too.

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat
=&Board=OWDEV&Number=5906
*************************************************************
This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
*************************************************************







--------------------------
To view this thread, visit the JDEList forum at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OWDEV&Number=6853

*************************************************************
This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
*************************************************************
 

jachjde83

Member
Kenneth,

In the event rules,

* System Functions
* General
* Run Executable

Regards,


----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth_Elder" <Kenneth_Elder@b-f.com>
To: <jdeowdevml@jdelist.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: Calling External programs


>
> Could you please give me some insight as to how you insert the Run
> Executable in a Edwards ER. When I go in I see nothing that let's you key
> a line like 0001 Run Executable...... Please let me know. Thanks.
>
>
>
> From: Adrian_Chimirel <adrian.chimirel@home.com>@jdelist.com on 02/20/2001
> 11:41 AM
>
> Please respond to jdeowdev@jdelist.com
>
> Sent by: owner-jdeowdevml@jdelist.com
>
>
> To: jdeowdevml@jdelist.com
> cc:
> Subject: Re: Calling External programs
>
>
> Üdvözöljük,
> It definitely works for B7321!
> I hope Zoltan's precise indications (and maybe my ER) will be helpful:
>
> Listing of ER for FDA Application: "Main PTMS upload Interface"
>
> FORM: Convert PTMS Data [FIX INSPECT]
> CONTROL: BUTTON PTMS_vb
> EVENT: Button Clicked
>
> 0001 Run Executable("C:\x_PTMS\vbStuff", "PTMS_vb.exe", <Zero>,
> <Zero>, <Zero>, "C:")
> 0002 Show Control(FC Done 0)
>
> You may use the attachment, too.
>
> Adrian Chimirel
> Programmer Analyst
> LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
> SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
> RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
> http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat
> =&Board=OWDEV&Number=5906
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------
> To view this thread, visit the JDEList forum at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OWDEV&Numb
er=6853
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>
>
 

Joseph_Sadler

Well Known Member
Hi Kenneth.

The most common way is through business function B34A1030.
Go to the knowledge garden, and download document ott-99-0063
It will tell you all you need to know.

I've also heard that you can use BSFN B9800240 but I haven't tried it.

B34A1030 should help.

Joseph Sadler,
World Vision Canada.
Helping the children of war and poverty, the world over.
Xe SP13, NT4 SQL 7, AS/400.
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi Kenneth,
Hello Zoltán,
Sorry to be so late, but I'm in Denver, yes, I'm at the JDEdwards HeadOffice, playing some Xe Enterprise Report Writing.
I see you go on as if I'd be present all the time; glad to see it working!

The system function "Run Executable" is available in B7321 SP12.2.

Have a nice time, and CU soon.

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
 
Top