Calling BSSV From .Net

rvernon

I'm trying to call a BSSV (RI_AddressBookManager, InventoryManager) from VB.Net (VS2013). I have gotten the WSDL file for the Inventory Manager and RI_AddressBookManager.

From reading previous posts, I then edited the "References.vb" file to use "Microsoft.Web.Services2" and "Inherits Microsoft.Web.Services2.WebServicesClientProtol". No other changes were made to the "References.vb" file.

When I attempt to call the BSSV I get various error messages. When calling the RI_AddressBookManager getAddressBook() function, I receive the message:

Business Service Property Key JR010040_QUERY_MAX_ROWS cannot be retrieved from Business Service Property Table F951000.
Resolution: Verify that key exists in the F951000 table and database is available.

When I attempt to call the BSSV InventoryManager getItemBranchSearch() I receive the following message:

-> Failed to invoke method
-> Parameter maxRows must not be zero. To retrieve all rows, the constant IDBService.DB_FETCH_ALL should be used.

As a developer I don't have direct access to the client's JDE implementation. I only have the username/password credentials they provided me. If anyone has any ideas on what these error messages mean, it would be appreciated!!

thanks,
Randy

It seems this properties are not set in the environment you are working. If you have access to JDE then you can open application P951000 to set the properties for the errors you are receiving. If you dont have access ask the client to set them up in the environment you are working.

Thanks,
Chan

Thanks for the message Chan.

Do you know if JDE might have user-level permission issues to restrict access to data/keys within P951000? It seems the keys are all there within P951000.

Part of the error message I receive when calling the BSSV says "Verify that key exists in the F951000 table and database is available.". Well, both the key exists and the database exists. I do not know much about the security model of JDE and whether my JDE login would specifically need access to read from F951000?

Any thoughts/comments you might have are appreciated.

thanks,
Randy

Back