Call to Visual ER Compare tool

Sai Deshpande

Hi Everyone,

I am working on E810 version.

Can anyone help me know where is the Visual ER Compare called from?Is there any business function which calls it?
Visual ER Compare is an .exe named VSMerge. It resides in the bin32 folder. I have debugged the P9860A and I narrowed down the search to the "Process design mode request" push button. In the "button clicked" event two business functions are called 1. OMW Set Attribute and 2. OMW Maintain Object.After these Business functions are processed through the ER debug mode the Visual ER Tool opens up.
I would like to find out how the call to the Visual ER compare exe is done.

Thanks a lot for replying to this.

Regards,
Sai

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. My question is what exactly happens when we click the "ER Compare" button. How is the exe called?
To be specific, is there any API or something which does it?

Regards,
Sai

I think he is saying, open up the OMW APPL in FDA and look at the code for yourself.

no, i actually thought he wanted to know how to get there. that'll teach me not to reply late at night anymore
smile.gif

as for your suggestion: yeah, that would be my 1st step as well.

LOL.

Ok, to the original poster, take his suggestion and my mis-interpretation of his suggestion and use FDA to reverse engineer OMW.

I am analyzing the business functions which I mentioned in my first post and I am held up in that. I am confused as to how the exe is called.
I will post back if I get something.
Thanks,
Sai

What they meant is you could use OMW to look at ... OMW's ER code. OMW->P9860A|W9860AL ER W9860AL.Process Design Mode Request - Button Clicked
0015 Form Interconnect P98220 W98220I 'ZJDE0001'
DS cResponse [W98220I,EV01] -> evt_YesNoReturn [EV01]
DS idParm [W98220I,APPLID] X <not assigned>
DS mnMode [W98220I,MATH01] <- '3.00'
DS szObjectNumber [W98220I,TEXT1] X <not assigned>
This is it
grin.gif

adrian - that's just the call to the "object not checked out.. are you sure you want to continue?" message form.

sai - i had a look at those bsfns, but couldn't see where/how the thing is called
frown.gif

Yes Remo.. Even I am stuck at that point!!!! I have no idea how to proceed...

Regards,
Sai Deshpande
E810/8.97

Hi Alex,

We are planning to develop a small tool which will analyze the changes the ER for standard applications has gone through. Something which will have the appliactions with merge flag = 1 (changed objects) as the input and after we run the tool we get the no of changes(event rule wise) the object has gone through.
This tool will be useful for upgrade process. We have not yet started working on it. For this we require to know how does Visual ER work and where is it called from?

Any help on this is appreciated. Thank You.

Regards,
Sai Deshpande
E810/8.97

There maybe any number of approaches to fulfilling this requirement (i.e.: using our OneAssist tool), but I honestly doubt you could use ERC in any efficient way for this purpose...

Back