Call to AS/400 fails

Reddy_240

Reddy_240

Hi all,
We have requirement to call AS/400 program, so for this i have created a variable contains "CALL PGM(Lib/CLProg) PARM('Parm1')" and Used BSFN B34A1030 and sending my variable to szCommandLine of BSFN.
Here its calling the CL program fine but inside CL program it is calling RPG program there its throwing an error called Library has not setup, but we had done all kind of set up.
Can anyone face this kind of issue.

Thanks,
Reddy
E9.0 Developer
crazy.gif

Reddy,

Has the library been set up (or access to it) for the user under which the JDE services are running? You may have to restart the JDE services.

Hi Peter,

We are calling AS/400 CL program in JDE with JDE user id (xyz). This jde user id (xyz)will not exist in AS/400 profile, So how i can set the libraries for user.

Thanks
Reddy
E9.0 Devloper

Hi.
Are you using an ODBC?
You set up the library in the odbc.
Are you adding the library to the library list before you execute your program?

Regards

Reddy,

Sorry, my AS/400 experience is bit too old to advise on that. However that information may be on JDEList. You will have to search for it. Also, there are numerous members who use the AS/400 that will be able to provide that information.

Reddy,

Things to note:
- You can look at the submitted UBE as being a Job. The calls, using the B34A1010 work just like calls from a CLP. Basically, anything you can do in a CL can be done, sequentially, via the UBE.
- Addlible before your call to the CL Job, if necessary
- Make sure your Library List is setup (either through the external commands are available to the E1 Profile that submits jobs)
- Is your iSeries / E1 setup for PassThru accounts? If not, the default E1 account(s) should be the defining account.
- Make sure the account has authority to call external (non e1) jobs

Holler if you are still stuck ~ some of us have spent a lot of time killing this issue.... Probably a good topic for a defining white paper.

(db)

Daniel,

When I’m calling the CLP from UBE in WSJ (work submitted job) it is not submitting successfully and its in pending status.
Could you tell how to setup Library list for E1 profile.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,
Reddy
confused.gif

Back