Call RPG program and pass parameters.....................

Daniel Skoy

Daniel Skoy

I'm trying to call a RPG program from within OneWorld. I've been able to use the submit remote command BSFN but this doesn't return parameters. Has anyone out there been able to call an RPG and get data back with PARMS?

PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Daniel Skoy

Hello Daniel ...

We have been looking for the same solution - please pass along any off-list
replies you get.

One of our install team created bsfn B55AS400 from the Knowledge Garden, but
I think
it only passes parms one way.

Maurice
XE sp:14 ES:AS/400 Citrix, NT, 2000

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 11:27 AM
Subject: Call RPG program and pass parameters.....................

use the submit remote command BSFN but this doesn't return parameters. Has
anyone out there been able to call an RPG and get data back with PARMS?
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OWDEV&Numb
er=23241

Hi Daniel,

I, afraid I don't know the answer, but I want to call a CL program from a OneWorld menu option. Could you possibly tell me how you managed to call the RPG. (I tried to create a batch application which just contained the BSFN Execute External Program but I can't get it to work) - Thanks very much...

Mike

Mike

Did you ever get your CL to work?

I have a program calling a CL that will work if it can be of help to you.

Roger

B7333 SP15.1 AS/400 Server

I am not a developer, but I found this note and thought it may be helpful, I hope it doesn't muddy the water:

Create a file in JDE F55CMDS that contains a userid,
description, the AS/400 command, and a sequence number. The file has an AS/400 trigger program, written in RPG/IV, that accepts records as they are changed and runs the commands. It also writes to a log file for each command executed. A custom interactive application presents the user with a list of commands they are authorized to use. When they select one, the application increments the sequence number, and the trigger program runs the command.

Daniel Bolland
Independent Consultant
Xe Update 3 / AS400

Mike,

We've been able to call a CL program from a JDE menu using the Windows RMTCMD. The command on the menu looks something like:

rmtcmd call library/programName //theNameOfYourAS/400

Of course you can only use this for one-way applications, like printing a report, where you're not expecting data back. You also have to be sure that users are able to run the RMTCMD. Start by running this command from a Windows Command Prompt screen and see what kind of messages you get.

When creating a menu option, be sure to select 'Windows Application' as the Selection Type.

Hope this helps,
mary

XE SP17.1 AS/400 V4R5 DB2/400

Back