Call JDE E1 BSFN from AS/400

• Thread starter Shadab Siddiqui
  • Start date

Shadab Siddiqui

Can I call Business Function F41002ConvertUOMstructure in RPGLE or CLLE. If someone know the process, it would be great help to me. Thanks and much appreciated the answer.
Shadab Siddiqui

I would like to clarify my issue further. There is a Business Function F41002ConvertUOMstructure written in C language(B.4600040.c) and called in JD E1. Same function will be called from AS/400 from RPGLE/CLLE. My question to the community is that whether it is doable or not. If it is doable then how result can be achieved. Thanks
Shadab Siddiqui

Yes, it can be done from a C (ILE C) program. This object would be built referencing the JDE.H headers and linked with the JDE libs. It must construct a HENV by connecting to JDE with a user/pwd/env calling one of the JDB_InitEnv* functions. Then construct a HUSER and LPBHVRCOM and LPVOID to ultimately pass to the call object API. I don't know how/if this can be done with RPG.

Another option is XML interop.

Craig

Yes, it can be done from a C (ILE C) program. This object would be built referencing the JDE.H headers and linked with the JDE libs. It must construct a HENV by connecting to JDE with a user/pwd/env calling one of the JDB_InitEnv* functions. Then construct a HUSER and LPBHVRCOM and LPVOID to ultimately pass to the call object API. I don't know how/if this can be done with RPG.

Another option is XML interop.

Craig
Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply. Basically I am RPG Programmer and work on AS/400 environment. I recently started on a new project. Client is migrating from JDE OneWorld to JD Enterprise One. Client want somehow to call JDE E1 function from AS/400 machine by using RPG or CL. I see the CL objects in IFS.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply. Basically I am RPG Programmer and work on AS/400 environment. I recently started on a new project. Client is migrating from JDE OneWorld to JD Enterprise One. Client want somehow to call JDE E1 function from AS/400 machine by using RPG or CL. I see the CL objects in IFS.
Hi Craig,

Would like to know answer to this . I am not RPG developer but we are on jde 9.1 and we have some AS400 systems we integrate to . I know they can call our UBE directly using RUNUBEXML and trigger them . When i asked them can they consume web services of jde , then answer was NO from our RPG developer . They can connect to our DB and staging files exposed via DDM but they said it was not possible to call BSFN or functions or services . So if this is possible I would like that to take it back to them , thanks

Hi Craig,

A web service would be a tall order from what I have seen. There is no native API like Java has to perform HTTP/HTTPS. I'm sure IBM would say, just use WebSphere. We have provided a way to call a BSFN from a CL or, I suppose, any iSeries object. By creating a wrapper around the jdeXmlCallObject API in C and exposing it as an iSeries program, native apps can create their XML document and pass it to the program. The XML holds the credentials, environment, BSFN name and parameters. The document is sent to the server by port and returns the XML response document which is the return parameters.

While I'm not a RPG programmer, I would assume you could perform the same technical task as we did in C. That is to link to the service program that contains the jdeXMLCallObject API and call it.

Craig

Back