• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Call ER event by programming

vmarako

Hi Everybody,

I'm a new JDE user and I would like to know if it is possible to call an ER Rule by programming.
For example, when the user clicks on a button, it calls the event "Dialog is Initialized" of the current form.

I also would like to know if it is possible in a Fix/Inspect form to change the current record. I'm explaining : the user enter in the Fix/Inspect form with the employee nb 1. By clicking on a button next, I would like to see in the same form the information of employee nb2.

I hope it's clear enough.

Thanks

Véronique

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi

You can do this in AIS.

Depending on the event you could try and setting focus on a control and see what happens

As for you question, copy all the logic in the Dialog is Init to a new push button and just Press the push button :)

alfredorz

Well Known Member
Hi vmarako,

Not is posible call to event directly (and I know not in any other language, you have to provoke -manually or programmatically-).

For what you need there are a standar solution in, JDE fortunately for you. In call Form Interconnect check the option "Modeless", it open the form in a tab and enable autommatically previous and next buttons to navigate in rows searched previously in the Find/Browse Form.

I hope will be helpful.

Regards,
Alfre.