Cache BSFN

Amith

Amith

Hi,

I have a requirement like, a tag table(temporary table) to be created and insert data into it and later the data should be used for some coding and at end delete all records in tag table.

But now the requirement is changed. We need to use Cache instead of Tag table.

Can anyone help me ,as i am totally new to this. If i can get an idea how to create the cache for my requirement and how it can be retrieved back again, it will be helpful

Thanks
Amith

Hi,

you may want to look at some of the standard cache business functions created by Chris Enyeart (e.g. B3101590, B3101600, ...) this should give you a good idea of how to use jdeCache as a workfile.

Further documentation for 8.98 for example can be found here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17984_01/doc.898/e14700/working_with_apis.htm#autoId23.

But there's quite some effort behind that. My personal advice would be to rather go for a work table unless you have a very good reason why it has to be implemented as a jdeCache.

Best Regards

Hi Amith,

I have prepared and used a number of cache business function even though I have not learnt C programming.
the business function is similar to a C business function only instead of using the DB api's it uses the cache manipulation api's you find the same at the Patwell website.

I can send you the sample cache source files for learing purpose My mail : [email protected]

Welcome to the world of JDe cache programming.

Last edited:
Back