• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

C Business Function

I am trying to write C Business Function first time. I have Data Structure in .h

typedef struct tagDSD5501A3A
{
MATH_NUMERIC mnInput1;
MATH_NUMERIC mnInput2;
MATH_NUMERIC mnOutput;
JCHAR cOperator;
JCHAR szErrorId[11];
JCHAR szErrorMessage[81];
} DSD5501A3A, *LPDSD5501A3A;

I just want to build simple calculator. Please Guide how will it work and is strycpy and Mathcpy required for this operation.

This is my main logic I don't know if it is correct.
if(LPDSD5501A3A->cOperator=='+')
{
LPDSD5501A3A->mnOutput=LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput1+LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput2;
}
else if(LPDSD5501A3A->cOperator=='-')
{
LPDSD5501A3A->mnOutput=LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput1-LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput2;
}
else if(LPDSD5501A3A->cOperator=='*')
{
LPDSD5501A3A->mnOutput=LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput1*LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput2;
}
else if(LPDSD5501A3A->cOperator=='/')
{
LPDSD5501A3A->mnOutput=LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput1/LPDSD5501A3A->mnInput2;
}

jdedwardsuser

Yes you will have to use API . This kind of add functions does not work in C business . You have to use Mathadd , MathMult, MathDivide and MathSub functions for this

BOster

Legendary Poster
Do you have a solid foundation in the C language? Looking at what you posted it doesn't appear that you do. Learn the C language concepts, constructs, design patterns, etc. FIRST, and once you have a very solid understanding of the C language, then learn C BSFNs.