Business View Table Limits - Changed for TR9.1.5???

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I just was able to modify a business view that had three tables with SQL-92 Left outer joins and added a fourth table that was joined with a SQL-92 Left Outer and used it in a test APPL and it worked - I was able to return records. My understanding is that there is a three table limit with Left Outer Joins and five tables with simple joins. Did this limitation get removed or relaxed with TR 9.1.5?

Doc ID 626448.1

Last edited:
Ok, I think I am answering my own question. But it looks like the hard table count limit for business views has been removed for TR9.1.5 and now there is just a recommendation. The recommendation is for 15 tables - but it look like just a recommendation not a hard limit.

Found in the last place you would think.... the Business View Developer Guide. :) http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24705_01/doc.91/e21483/toc.htm#EOTVW116.

If this really turns out to be true, then glory hallelujah. Common sense prevails.

That is really good thing to know. As a developer, I hard coded in my mind with view variable as 3/5 (JDE). Need to reset and is really welcome development from Oracle :)

That is really good thing to know. As a developer, I hard coded in my mind with view variable as 3/5 (JDE). Need to reset and is really welcome development from Oracle :)

Agreed. If this was the only thing the tools release did it would be reason enough to upgrade.

can we upgrade without all the UI changes?

I really like all the UI changes for the most part but I guess that may be a matter of preference - and actually I think they have changed a few things people didn't like from our release (9.1.5.1) so it may be even better.

I would agree that the UI changes are an improvement over the 9.1.0 tools. Obviously a hassle with change management but that hassle only gets worse the longer it is left. The main difference with this UI change compared to the last one is that both the 8.98 and 9.1.4 tools are now end of life so...

Back