Business View Design Aid

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
How can I run Business View Design Aid, I could not see Business View Design Aid in my EnterpriseOne 8.96 Demo version. How can I find and select an existing Business View ?

I have 3 words for you, training, training, training. Get some.
laugh.gif
This is a very basic part of E1 development.

Run-> vdt -idV4211A

Or, whatever your view is. It sure saves time when you don't want to add something to your default project and just want to look.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
dsform4 :to see structures
tda :to view tables
rda :reports
fda :applications
vdt :business views
poda :processing options
utbrowse :to start utb </pre><hr />

@Scott Beebe
Yes. I believe in sharing of knowledge. I think this blog too, meant for information sharing.
If you are willing to share what you have, just do it.
grin.gif

@WhippingBoy
Thanks for you mind to share the knowledge you have. Thanks again
smile.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You should be able to launch pretty much everything from OMW. For learning purposes you probably do just that. After you learn what is going on you can start using shortcuts, etc.

In fact I still launch pretty much all the design aids through OMW. The only things I don't launch through OMW are non-JDE IDEs like Visual Studio, etc. and some other things like busbuild for certain build scenarios.

Are you reading the development guide?

Adding Business Views

Access the Add Object form.

Object Name
Enter a unique name for the business view. Use the recommended naming convention for naming JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects.

Description
Enter a meaningful description of the business view.

Product Code
Select a user-defined code (UDC) (98/SY) from the range of values that are reserved for clients (55–59), or for business partners (L00 through L99, M00 through M99, and P00 through P99).

Product System Code
Select a UDC (98/SY) that represents the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system where the data is used. This value is used for reporting and for description override purposes. Example values include:

01: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Address Book

03B: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Receivable

04: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Payable

09: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne General Accounting

11: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Multicurrency

Object Use
Select a UDC (98/FU) that indicates the use of the object. For example, the object might be used to create a program, a master file, or a transaction journal. The value 300 represents business views.

Object Type
Displays an abbreviation that identifies the type of object that is being created. The object type for a business view is BSVW. This field is populated by the system based on the type of object that you selected on the Add Object form.

Text Search
Select this option to indicate that the business view is used by the runtime engine during a text search. When designing the business view, you must also add at least one GT (general text) data structure to the business view so that the runtime engine can use it in text searches.

Selecting Tables for Business Views

Access the JD Edwards Business View Design Aid form.

On the Design Tools tab, click Start the Business View Design Aid.

On the Available Tables form, use the query by example (QBE) line to search for an appropriate table.

Select one or more tables, and drag them to the Table Joins form.

This form is called Table Joins regardless of whether you are joining multiple tables or working on a single table.

If more than one table is selected, double-click the title bar of the appropriate table to designate it as the primary table.

If the business view contains multiple tables, the system automatically designates the first table that is added to the Table Joins form as the primary table. A crown icon appears in the upper-left corner of the primary table. If a business view contains only one table, that table is the primary table by default.

@Bruno Condemi
Dear,
Thanks for your reply.
I am reading the documentation. And I could create Business Views too. But I could not find an article which describe how I can edit an existing business view, or get a list of created business views.

You listed the steps from "Chapter 7 Designing Business Views", Page Number 58 of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools
8.96 Development Tools: Data Access Tools Guide.
It says nothing about an existing one. It tells about a 'New' business view, not about an existing one. In my question, I specified the same "How can I find and select an existing Business View ?

[ QUOTE ]
@Scott Beebe
Yes. I believe in sharing of knowledge. I think this blog too, meant for information sharing.
If you are willing to share what you have, just do it.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This discussion group is for information sharing, not for spoon feeding.

I have read one very good line in signature of someone on this list - "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Giving you an answer here will feed you for today. A good training will feed you for life. It's for your own good.

I'm sorry, my answer was wrong but the way is the same, look at Object Management Workbench Guide.

Regards

Before you start on Business View, you need to understand how OMW works. I would suggest going to http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17984_01/index.htm and start reading OMW guide.

To answer your question, you need to understand that applications, reports, tables, data structures, bsfn, views etc are called OBJECTS in JD Edwards. If you need to find an existing View, you need to go into OMW and search under OBJECT anything that starts with V*, this will give you a list of Views. Then pull one of those VIEWS into your default project and click on DESIGN button. That will take you to BUSINESS VIEW DESIGN AID screen.

Here is what I found out
In OMW
Search/Select the Business View
In View menu > Start Design

Back